The Birthday

tee4change
on 6/18/12 9:39 am - NY
Today I planned on celebrating my daughters Birthday with a cake she likes that I wouldn't be interested in.
Well  mydaughters BFF showed up here with a cake that was serious delicious looking and bam I ate a half spoon and a spoon of ice cream....YIKEs....
My sleeve feels bloated, a very differrent feeling...kinda gassy
so I messed up ..
Guess no weight loss for me this week..
I cracked under pressure of the cake box.

1crazy_cat_lady
on 6/18/12 9:57 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I doubt that one small mess up would negate any loss this week. I hope though you can move forward and remember gassy and uncomfortable so that you think twice before doing it again

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

peeches35
on 6/18/12 9:59 am
VSG on 04/03/12
thats it tee no more lol you to funny

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

kaniac
on 6/18/12 10:29 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
It sounds like you had just enough to satisfy the craving. Its not like you ate the whole cake and 1/2 a gallon of rocky road. Next time you'll remember this feelin and do better

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

melanieannd
on 6/18/12 11:02 am - TX
VSG on 06/13/12
My daughter's birthday is today also, and it sucked seeing everyone eat the cake lol. I stood by eating my jello. (I just had surgery on Wednesday..) Anyhow, a small bite is not going to negate any weight loss. It couldn't be more than 200 calories max??
moonglo82
on 6/18/12 11:05 am
VSG on 03/29/12
That gassy feeling makes me think that if you had eaten more, you probably would have gotten sick... that's what happened to me when I had a similar incident a month ago.

Don't beat yourself up. You had just enough to learn how your sleeve reacts to it. I bet the next time you see that cake, it won't look nearly as appetizing lol.

And I bet you'll still see a good loss this week. One bite of cake and ice cream isn't enough to make a difference in your caloric intake.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

tee4change
on 6/18/12 7:50 pm - NY
Thanks everyone. I didn't get sick but I felt crappy enough to go to bed shortly after.
You're right, I wont be tempted next time. Waaay too much sugar for a sleeve and it wasn't thrilled about it either.

Most Active