Holy Weight Gain Batman... (Pregnant... 3 years out.. 7 Weeks Preggo)

Brandi D
on 6/21/12 12:57 pm
I have gained 7 lbs in one week. SEVEN.
It's not even mathematically possible with what I know my basal metabolism to be.......I'm freaking out..

Question.. does anyone think my body is over compensating because of the addiction and drugs all those months? and body is just buffering?

Any other WLS girls gain a lot that first trimester?

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
tillmadd
on 6/21/12 1:12 pm - WI
 Some of it is definitely water weight.
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

USAF Wife
on 6/21/12 1:30 pm
Throughout your entire pregnancy, you gain large amounts and then nothing. No need to fear, your blood volume increases, your uterus swells, the average maternal fat gain is only 7-9lbs so it's NOT fat. Breast tissue and added fluid in that department can add a total of 2-3lbs.

Nothing to do with the addiction or getting clean. It's pregnancy. I'm 5.5 months pregnant again and have gained 15lbs, I stayed steady for an entire month to 6 weeks and the BAM 5 lbs in a week.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Brandi D
on 6/21/12 1:56 pm
Thank you my love :) :) :)  The theory that it was my body overcompensating because I was so bad to it for so long madesense..but this makes even more sense... I go to my first official OBGYN with the official baby doc in two weeks...I'vealready paid for a clinic visit...

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
USAF Wife
on 6/21/12 2:04 pm
On June 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM Pacific Time, Brandi D wrote:
Thank you my love :) :) :)  The theory that it was my body overcompensating because I was so bad to it for so long madesense..but this makes even more sense... I go to my first official OBGYN with the official baby doc in two weeks...I'vealready paid for a clinic visit...
You betcha chickee! ! !

I understand, but wanted to let ya know, that really it's just pregnancy stuff.

You can push fluids to help with water retention. Stick with healthy green leafy stuff, lots of protein and I eat carbs, but the recommendation is about 100gr per day on carbs at a minimum.

I gained 35lbs with Tatum, and on course to gain at a minimum of 35 with Nugget.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

jengo1971
on 6/21/12 10:49 pm
Hi Brandi and congrats!  I'm 7 weeks preggers too and only 18 months post-op.  I'm scared of gaining a bunch of weight myself.  Maybe you're carb sensitive?  An example....last Friday (15th) my weight was 139.2.  Had a bday party on Sunday and really indulged in carbs (cake, ice cream, chips, you name it).  Tues (19th) at my first OB appoint weight was 142 (YIKES!).  Back on track all week and today (22nd) weight is 138.8.  All water weight....gone!
From my understanding we really shouldn't gain in the first trimester.  IDK, this is pregnancy # 7 for me and my first as a non-obese person.  It's going to be interesting that's for sure. 

Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views