I'm FINALLY getting sleeved!!!...feeling overwhelmed!

KSqtpie
on 6/25/12 5:37 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
After having to cancel my first surgery date in Feb, I'm pleased to announce that July 9th is the BIG day...and TODAY started the dreaded 2 week liquid diet!! I'm excited yet completely overwhelmed at the same time. I just haven't had time to focus on this surgery and now.... BAM... it's here!

My life has completely turned upside down since the beginning of this year. I'm 3 months postop from a 2 level spinal fusion after falling down some stairs. Although I'm doing great, it still slows me down and my body gets mad at me if I do too much. And as of Friday, I am officially unemployed after almost 9 years with the same company.  I went through 2 weeks of interviews trying to get transferred or promoted before the layoff, but it didn't work out. They wanted me to take a demotion to transfer in and then try to work my way back up into management....um, NO! So, I am taking a risk and looking for work elsewhere. I am scared to death I won't find anything close to what I was making in pay and benefits. And now I'm getting sleeved in 2 weeks, which means I can't drown my worries in food and unhealthy habits. I know in the end these changes will all likely be good ones, but right now I'm so overwhelmed and just feel like throwing in the towel.

I hope I will look back on this post a year from now and laugh :-)

Kevin H.
on 6/25/12 5:40 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Best of luck to you on your diet and upcoming surgery!

KSqtpie
on 6/25/12 9:52 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Thank you!!
Barbara W.
on 6/25/12 5:55 am - Upland, CA
VSG on 05/23/12
I remember when you fell down the stairs.  That was awful. Glad to hear
you are doing better.
Now you have a surgery date. How exciting.  I just wonder if it was a wise idea
to leave a job with benefits in this economy.  I hope you find something better.
Like you say, these changes will likely be good ones.
Best of luck on your surgery.

KSqtpie
on 6/25/12 9:55 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Thank you! I'm still doubting my decision to not transfer for work, but I just couldn't see moving after having back surgery. I'm hoping to take a month off to get through sleeve surgery and then hit the job hunting super hard. I expect to make less money, but maybe i will actually have a life and can go back to school. I will have a whole new life...new back, new body, new job...YAY!
southbay311
on 6/26/12 12:18 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
this sounds like a great plan, changing your life and all for the better.  Sorry the move didn't work out but everything happens for a reason and you have something better coming up in life. Your surgery, improved health and even more confidence!!!

Take care friend I am sure pulling for you!
Nance
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
tatatoothie
on 6/25/12 8:37 am
 I just started my two week liquid diet also, and boy oh boy is no fun.  I am scheduled for surgery July 13th, good luck you can do it.
MelissaMommyto5
on 6/27/12 6:01 am
VSG on 02/16/12
I'm so excited for you that you're proceeding with the plan. I know it has to be super scary with all that is going on in your world, but the decision to be sleeved was made before the chaos, not amidst the chaos! So, returning to Plan A after all the detours is awesome. I know that refraining from emotional-eating will be hard, but you can do it!   That's a bunch of happy dances!

Most Active