5 Year Anniversary

rhondalovett
on 6/25/12 7:07 am - CA
Hello to all,

I have not posted in years but today is a pretty big day.   5 years later I weigh 123 pounds.  All is good.  I still struggle on a daily basis with being "fat", but it is, what it is.  I would do it all over again.  Good luck to all who are on the VSG path - it's a road less traveled, but worth every ounce.

Rhonda

Safe Journey,

Rhonda

Jackie00
on 6/25/12 7:23 am
Thanks for posting, it is great to see people this far out. Do you find you have restrictions still? Just wondering if it is a struggle still that far out. I know by this stage it is all up to us what we eat and how we eat and our lifetime lifestyle change.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

ThinLizzy
on 6/25/12 7:39 am - Benicia, CA
Rhonda!

It's great to see you again! I'm still here, posting occasionally..also coming up on 5 years in a couple of months. We have a VSG maintenance board now if you ever feel like being back on the boards..it's http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Glad all is well with you!

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

rhondalovett
on 6/25/12 9:01 am - CA
Hi Chick!  So nice to see YOU!  You look wonderful!  Glad your posting, I think I'm gonna start checking in on a more regular occasion.  It's inspiring to see all these folks! 

How are things with you?

Rhonda

Safe Journey,

Rhonda

ThinLizzy
on 6/25/12 9:48 am - Benicia, CA
Good! Maintaining...recently had a hiatal hernia repair done by Dr. C which has resulted in a blessed end to my constant GERD problems. Not many of us that are about 5 years out are here much but there is a very nice group of people at about 3 years out that I've gotten to know. I find keeping connected to OH helps me keep my focus! And you??

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

J.e.t.
on 6/25/12 7:41 am
 Congratulations!  I love it when people come back to tell us how it's gone.  And yes, tell us about your restriction at this point?  Was your sleeve done when Cirangle was making them bigger?

Congrats again!!
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

Faye56
on 6/25/12 7:48 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Congratulations - and thanks so much for sharing your 5 yr. anniversary with us!
I really like to hear about vets that are so far out and maintaining their weight. You have done an awesome job!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Shagdoll
on 6/25/12 8:13 am
Hi Rhonda, it's so awesome to hear from someone on this board as far out as you. Congratulations on your success & keeping the weight off. Hearing this is so inspiring so thank you!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Could_It_Be
on 6/25/12 8:38 am
 Congrats!!!!!!!!!

VSG on 6/22/11
rhondalovett
on 6/25/12 8:59 am - CA
Wow!  Thank you everyone!  I am glad I can contribute.   Yes, I still have restriction and yes I still can get the foamies!  I'm a sugar freak and it goes down pretty easy.  Naturally it's less than what I used to have, but it fits me well.   In the beginning, I became too thin, but I've gained some weight back and would like to lose 5... but it gives me something to do. 

There are days when I burp uncontrollably and I feel like crap,  but it's not new.  :)  Burpppppppp away I always say!   My mind is  now starting to change it's fat thinking.   I was on the lighter side at 170 pounds, but I struggled just as much as heavy's.  It's taken me a very, very long time to catch up in my mind that I'm "thin" and I still can't believe it's been 5 years.  

My advice is to stay on the boards, there was a group of us who are now at their 5 years and I'm hoping they post!  

Wishing you all the best!  In love and health!

Rhonda

Safe Journey,

Rhonda

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views