Sleeved on June 27

Missy30
on 7/1/12 10:01 am
VSG on 06/27/12
I was sleeved the 27th as well.  So far so good for me, I have had no problems getting water down right now I can only have water, broth and jello untill my post op class on tue then they feed us a meal Im assuming soft food.  I do not feel any hunger at all.  Its crazy cause the food my hubby eats will smell good but I just dont have the want dont feel like putting anything in my mouth.  I do the water a couple sips of broth or jello but only cause my doc said I had to.  So Ive just been walking and sipping.  Getting gas to move lol.  None of my incisions hurt at all except the one big one where they put the camera and take the stomache out that one pulls sometimes.

RMoneyTheHBomb
on 7/1/12 10:16 am - CA
VSG on 06/28/12
 I got home on Friday.  Lots of nausea but no puking.  Started back to the protein shakes yesterday and I am so sick of them.  When I was on the liquid diet before I would just chug them..Now it's like I have to drink it so slow that I have no choice but to taste it.  Oddly enough, it seems so unbeliveably sweet, it is hard to stomach.  Sipping water pretty much the entire day.

Feel very worn out, but the pain level is low.  Took a shower yesterday and that sure helped.  Hard not be kinda down during this time, when I know I should be excited.  

Kelly-AnneH
on 7/1/12 11:02 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Sweetie, you should be what you are. Don't be down on yourself for not being excited.
Do you have any unflavoured whey powder? I'm finding non-sweet beverages a lot easier to take than sweet. Just mix the whey into a bit of cold water, then add hot broth. Yummy and a really nice change from constant sweet.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Moniachelle
on 7/1/12 10:52 am
VSG on 05/22/12
 I wll be 6 weeks on Tuesday and some days are better than others. Just pace yourself.  I have been told once we hit 90 days it will be easier for us.  Good luck on your journey! Peace and Blessings!

Pobearsam7
on 7/1/12 11:35 am
I was sleeved on6-27 and I was discharged yesterday due to high blood pressure
I was getting blood pressure meds if at hosp and it wasn't working until I got pills
I'm finally on protein very swollen and red all over but no infection ... I haven't measured my fluid intake as of yet but I will start tomorrow... I'm just taking it very slow and easy
Heidi P.
on 7/1/12 1:41 pm - St Paul, MN
VSG on 06/27/12
I was also sleeved on the 27th. I am constantly sipping water, but it never seems like enough. I cannot handle very much at all. I'm pretty sure my sleeve is the size of a fingernail ha ha. I disliked protein shakes before the surgery and now I get nauseous even thinking about them! So I have some unflavored protein on its way to me. And doc told me to start phase two tomorrow so I'll be getting more variety. Hope that helps!

I'm finding strength in seeing the numbers already going down on the scale. Pre Op I was 298 and when I left the hospital (Friday morning)I was 302. I am currently 289.7 (Sunday). That is just crazy in two days!!!

I hope to get to know some of you since we're all sleeved around the same date. We can bounce stories/vent/listen/root each other on for many many months/years to come.
NewMe2Be72
on 7/3/12 1:33 am - CO
I am 1 week post op today! ... wow.. the week went fast.  I weened myself off of the pain pills.. been doing ok.  I started the first stage of soft foods yesterday,  .5-1.5 oz every 2 hours of yogurt, cottage cheese, refried beans, pudding.. such a nice break from just liquids.  It was also a pain to remind myself to drink 1 oz of  something every 15 minutes and 1 oz of protein shake once an hour... now I can have unlimited liquids.   I didnt quite get all the oz of water and protein in yesterday... trial and error, I guess.  I am already addicted to the dang scale... it is bizaare to see the weight drop!  I have to do my best to just do it once a week.. but, curiosity kills the cat LOL
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views