Three Years Out

Brandi D
on 7/8/12 4:35 am
Three years ago today, I was laying in a hospital bed and my life was changing forever. Three Years ago Today, Daddy Davis and Garth Davis changed my life. While I'd say that my Vertical Sleeve has stretched.. and I wish that maybe I hadn't had a 40 bougie..... Three years ago today I was 278lbs..... I have been from 278 down to 145.... I have seen addiction transfers from abusive marriage, food, work, exercise, shopping, alcohol and other things..... I have seen the highest of highs and the lowest of lows....and now? I sit with a little life inside of me growing...... three years of learning, growing, and maturing... Three years of learning what issues emotional and physical made me obese.... Three years discovering me...... And, despite being preggo.. I'm still under 200lbs ;) Dunno for how long.. but yes. Today I'm happy.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
acbbrown
on 7/8/12 4:50 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Congrats on an amazing three years - youve done very wel!!  And big congrats on the little life growing inside you - if you go over 200, it will be for a very joyful reason :)  Hope you'll keep us updated on how everything goes!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Sutterbos
on 7/8/12 5:11 am
VSG on 06/21/12
 Your post got me teary-eyed.  So proud of you.  Can so empathize with your struggles.  Congratulations on the pregnancy and the self-awareness you've worked so hard to achieve!!!

diane S.
on 7/8/12 5:14 am
congrats on your 3 years. we all need to hear from those who are a few years out. the most important part of your post it that you are happy!!    thats the best thing in life. great post.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephintexas
on 7/8/12 6:16 am
Thanks for sharing! I'm in Houston and have been having a tough time. I'm reaading your dr's website. Amazing!

Pura Vida
on 7/8/12 6:27 am - Costa Rica
Hey Brandi,

Congrats on your 3 yrs! I hope your pregnancy and delivery go just the way you want them to, you deserve it!
Lee ~
on 7/8/12 10:11 am - CA
 Hi Brandi, I remember when you were around here all the time.  You've had a challenging journey and come out on top.  Congratulations on your three years and the baby that you're carrying.  Wishing you everything wonderful.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

nilesmama08
on 7/8/12 10:25 am - Atlanta , GA
Congratulations! You have done well. I love to hear success stories despite of adversity. Bless you and baby!
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat   I met my initial goal of 160!          
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/12 1:34 pm
Congratulations! That is simply wonderful.
Ms Shell
on 7/10/12 4:10 am - Hawthorne, CA
I'm glad you are happy!!!  Congratulations doll face!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active