Crazy weekend: new dress and blind date (pics)

LeahBea
on 7/8/12 12:27 pm, edited 7/8/12 12:38 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
This weekend has been crazy...

So this morning when I woke up to go to church, I thought to myself, "I'm going to dress up and wear something fancy!" So I finally wore my beautiful J. Crew dress that I bought as a present to myself when I hit goal. Since I'm almost 15 lbs lighter now there are a few alterations that will need to made to said dress, but it still looked great!

Went to brunch after church with some friends that were in town and haven't seen me since around October and when they got to the restaurant, Jamie (one of my best friends from highschool) started to cry. Not sad tears, tears of happiness. She told me she was proud of me and she was happy that I was where I wanted to be. She is looking into VSG herself and told me that seeing me do so well gives her hope that she could maybe do the same. Her husband Andy was less emotional, but gave me a huge hug and also told me that I look great and he was excited for me.

We had a great brunch and got some time to catch up, which is wonderful because I don't see them nearly enough with them living 8 hours away.

Then I had a blind date this evening... he wanted to play tennis (which I haven't done in years!) so being dumb like I am, I said that would be fine. Well about an hour before I was supposed to leave, I realized I didn't know what the hell to wear since I don't really own any shorts or tennis dresses anymore. I settled on some of the stuff I wear running, leggings and a tank top. A little more muffintop than I should probably show a date... but I thought, "It's fine, he seems nice and I did tell him about me having surgery, loose skin, etc."

Well, the tennis was fun... but he was SUPER socially awkward. He kept making comments about how I had a great body and he thought I was hot... um?! And then, when we were walking off the court he tapped me on the ass with his tennis racket trying to be flirty, which was really just weird and a little too much for just meeting. I dodged his attempt at a kiss and he ended up kissing my neck, again... AWKWARD! Needless to say, there will not be a second date. LOL, the fun of dating...

Anyway, thought I'd post some pictures from my crazy weekend. Hope your weekends weren't as weird as mine!

For reference, this was me at highest weight, before surgery:
Funny enough, this was taken at Jamie and Andy's wedding!

This was me in my fancy new dress today:

And the outfit I wore to play tennis in:

Looking at these pictures, this is more muffintop than I should be showing ANYONE, let alone a date! But since I won't be going out with him again... no harm, no foul... right?!

Leah

Pobearsam7
on 7/8/12 12:40 pm
You look great girl.
jacreasy
on 7/9/12 12:09 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 Wow you look Good! CONGRATS!

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Paisleysmommy0119
on 7/8/12 12:40 pm
VSG on 07/26/12
You look great! I can't see the tennis playing outfit for some reason but love the other pics. I actually carry my weight the same as you did pre op and im pretty sure were close to the same age ( ill be 24 tomorrow ) so it's helpful to kinda get an idea of what my body might look like after I lose all the weight! But anyways... You look amazing and good luck on the next date!

LeahBea
on 7/8/12 1:08 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I went back in to edit it, hope they're working now...

First, Happy birthday tomorrow! Second, I was 24 when I had surgery, 25 now (ugh, getting old...).

That's why I post these pictures, because I know when I was a newbie I loved looking at before and afters but there weren't many of people around my age range. And no matter what your age, I know when I was a newbie, ANY pictures were inspiration.

And thank you, I'm hoping the next date I have goes better as well! haha

Leah

loverofcats
on 7/8/12 12:51 pm
Congratulations on working your sleeve!! You look GREAT and are very cute!!

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

LeahBea
on 7/8/12 1:09 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Thank you! I am working on loving the new me... sagging skin and all!

Leah

novascotiadawn
on 7/8/12 12:58 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow!!! You found the screaming skinny lady trying to get out!! You look stunning!!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

LeahBea
on 7/8/12 1:10 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Thank you so much Donna! And I always knew there was a skinny girl somewhere inside me, just took getting most of my stomach taken out to coax her out!

Leah

jolenecsky
on 7/8/12 1:00 pm - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
Wow!! You look awesome!! I can't wait to have my surgery! Time is draggingggggg soooo slow. Should know this week if my insurance has approved it. Say some prayers for me!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views