TOM & less restriction??

tillmadd
on 7/9/12 11:36 am - WI
 The time of the month is very disocuraging for me...I am constantly hungry. I worked out, walked, guzzled water, and hungry. So then I go straight to protein to fill up but oddly feel less restriction. This seems to happen almost every TOM. I am trying to fight the cravings and head hunger. Getting ready to take another walk. Anyone else suffer from this ?? What do you do to make it through?
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

Crabadams72
on 7/9/12 11:48 am - Silver Spring, MD
I try to not buy junk. However, I do crave junk and my monthly gain lasts a good 2 weeks and I gain 5 pounds. Even when I was super strict I gained during pms.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

happyteacher
on 7/9/12 11:50 am
 I get like that when I am ovulating, but not during TOM- same issues though.  During TOM I actually eat less.  It was like that before surgery too. My sister told me years ago to deal with PMS issues to get lots of calcium and take in some soy products.  Made a difference, but no clue if that would do anything for you.  Hang in there!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Shagdoll
on 7/9/12 11:51 am
I feel like a bottomless pit a few days before TOM. It's beyond frustrating. I dont know why it happens but I can eat a lot more during this time. The good thing is, the more I am aware of this issue, the better I have been able to control it every month. I just try my best to measure out my portions even though I want to eat more. Sometimes it works for me but sometimes it doesn't. I just try to make the best of it. It does suck though.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

sleevegirl
on 7/9/12 12:04 pm - Austin, TX
Yup. It seems to be very common. Who knows why. Ugh. But it does pass. The few days before during I can seemingly eat anything, but right after, I can't hardly get in soup sometimes. I've given up trying to figure it out and jut ride with it.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 12:08 pm
 I know all about it.  I used to only be super hungry the week before starting.  Since surgery sometime that has changed and I'm starvin marvin starting around ovulation.  Looking forward to Tuesday when hopefully that switch flips back off.  Day like this I almost feel like I never had surgery.  Tonight I've been trying to sqau**** with peanut butter which is usually pretty satisfying for me (the natural kind on a spoon).  Now I'm telling myself that it is just head hunger dang it and I really do not need to go get a greek yogurt out.
ValentineCharmer
on 7/9/12 12:17 pm - TX
 I talked to my surgeon about this since my sister and I both experience it.  He said it is possible due to hormones.

HW314 / SW292 / CW196.6 / GW175

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 12:33 pm
I get this every month and there are a few things that really make a huge difference to me.

1) I drink like a fish, I make a tasty lite vanilla soy chai tea with splenda and go to town on it.

2) I make " free foods" -foods that have almost no calories and are full of fiber.  I don't limit my use of these foods during this time.  On the lists are soups from my profile that I have in the freezer in all different varieties, many different versions of veggie salads, artichokes with Greek yogurt dip in the evenings in front of the TV.  Things like that.  I also allow myself to have more dense protein if I need it during these times.  I make a chunky chicken salad with Greek yogurt and sliced grapes and a few apple slices.  I know it's a bit more carbs than I would normally have, but it helps the sweet tooth at this time. 

3) Get away from home, go somewhere where there is not going to be any food. 

Know that this too shall pass.  I feel your pain.
AdeanaMarie
on 7/10/12 4:45 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
About a week before I am so hungry and feel like I am wanting to eat every moment. I really just make myself wait until I have hit the 2 1/2 or 3 hour mark between meals and restrict what I have. I also drink more. I have also started adding more low calorie, high fiber things, like broccoli and cheese to my protein. It seemed to help.

Otherwise, once the cycle starts, I can hardly get anything in. Weird. Started yesterday and struggled to get in my calories for the day. Only had 400 calories at 6pm. Definitely feel tons more restricted once cramps start.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Zedsmummy
on 7/10/12 9:03 pm - Canada
 I too am a bottomless pit for TOM.. In fact that's usually how I know that TOM is coming. I cope by trying to stick to healthy snacks between meals, and staying away from carbs. I'm not always successful but I don't beat myself up over it because right after TOM I usually have a woosh of weight loss. I tend to eat the same things everyday, but during TOM I eat things I wouldn't ordinarily have and definately more calories. Maybe it is shaking things up that help the weight loss. I just try to not worry about it too much.

This month, however, I'm not sure what is going to happen. The doctor put me on the pill midcycle to stop my TOM because I was having excessive bleeding. So my period is due today and It's trying really damn hard to come. (sorry if TMI) I haven't had cramps since before I got pregnant with my first and last night I had to get my husband to rub my tummy :(
              Sleeved by Dr. Kelly, Tijuana BC Mexico, Decemeber 7th 2011.

Most Active