Scrambed Eggs - not soft enough?

Suzanne2012
on 7/11/12 3:24 am
I am two weeks post-op today.  Yesterday was my birthday so last night I made myself some pureed chicken salad - it was wonderful!  So I just made myself a scrambled egg for lunch and after two bites I felt blocked.  Just sat there (very hard adjusting - pre-op I would have taken a drink of water to wa**** down - can't do that now!) and then went to lie down.  As soon as I layed down, I ended up running to the bathroom.  Just a TINY piece of egg came back - let it be known that I HATE vomitting - I do absolutely everything in my power to not throw up.  I figured this day would come post-op, and it did.  A bit of advice - experienced sleevers out there - were my bites too big? (I only had 2 bites)  Did I not chew well enough?  How on earth am I ever going to eat regular food if I can't stomach a tiny piece of scrambled egg?  Or maybe my pathway is still constricted from inflammation from surgery?  What do you think?
bigpinkstork
on 7/11/12 3:33 am - NC
I made myself sick on eggs two weeks post-op.  It got better.  Maybe you just weren't ready.
kimberleyann
on 7/11/12 3:46 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
I had a battle with eggs early out.  I couldn't stomach them for quite a while. At about 6 month I could eat them okay.  Everyones stomachs tolerate things differently. I still have issues with turkey of all things. Oh and can't drink milk.

Snowberry
on 7/11/12 3:46 am
VSG on 04/10/12
I don't know what exactly caused you to have the reaction you did, but I suspect you are just not ready for scrambled egg yet.  My doctor's plan (and most plans from what I can tell) doesn't allow scrambled eggs until four weeks out.  At two weeks, I was still on a full liquid diet.  I stuck to that plan and never, ever had an issue with any food disagreeing with me.

Maybe just go back to liquids and hold off a bit on the eggs?  We all heal at different rates and it could be that you are just not ready for eggs yet.  I waited until four weeks after surgery to try a scrambled egg and at that time I had no problem with it.  I just remember it tasting sooo good! 

Wiasbeck
on 7/11/12 3:49 am - NV
I was able to eat ground turkey before my sleeve could handle eggs. I just started keeping eggs down this week. Last night the lady that runs my support group said I took her years to be able to eat an egg. Different people can handle different things. Don't worry, you'll find what works for you.
Pre-op -7.8, M1 -21.4, M2 -18.4, M3 -?

m      
PaulaS
on 7/11/12 3:51 am - TX
I remember a lot of people saying they could not tolerate eggs.  I could, but it was a while before I ate one.   I could only eat about 1/2 or so at first. 
I really did not do well with refried beans - but many swear by them, especially early out.  
I would just avoid that which I can't tolerate and maybe revist several months out.  

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Sinlaila
on 7/11/12 3:58 am - WA
VSG on 06/12/12

When I feel like that, I find laying down makes it worse.
Angel1974
on 7/11/12 4:02 am
VSG on 06/04/12
I agree with other posts.  Maybe you are still not ready for eggs.  In week two i was still in semi liquid diet, drinking soup, eating baby food and jello.

I still have problems with eggs 5 weeks out.  . For me, the egg must be really soft,  chew very very well and eat very slowly.  It takes me about 1/2 to 45 minutes to eat a scrabble egg.  

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

emdesq
on 7/11/12 4:11 am
I had trouble with scrambled eggs early on, but found that I could eat fried eggs or soft-boiled eggs without a problem.  I waited a few weeks and tried scrambled eggs again, and they were fine.  I still have issues from time to time with them, however.  That's been my pattern with a few different foods, in fact.  Right now I'm having trouble with beef - it seems to want to come back up shortly after eating it.  I went through a similar phase with chicken, but now that's fine.  Strange....but hang in there!!

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
goingforit1
on 7/11/12 4:34 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
at two weeks out I was still on full liquids. I think it's too soon to try something that 'solid' if you know what I mean.

I had eggs maybe week 5 ish...they were wonderful and I had no trouble whatsoever.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 53 views