Lap Band to Sleeve?? Anyone??

Monica L.
on 7/11/12 2:56 pm - Mesquite, TX
Revision on 12/30/17
I had a lap band in 2006 and am considering getting a sleeve. Anyone had that done?? Success?? When I was banded I weighed around 270, I went down to about 180 and back up to 230 in the six years.....argh!!!

Lap Band 8/8/06
Revision to VSG 12/30/17
289 Highest/175 Lowest/239 Current/145 Goal

scarlettbegonias
on 7/11/12 3:33 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
Im part way there, had my band removed about 8 weeks ago and get my sleeve in two weeks, there are a few people on here that have gone band to sleeve that are successful I'm sure one of them will answer you as well.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Bf516
on 7/11/12 11:19 pm
Hi Monica,

There are a few band to sleevers on here. Hope they can give you some insight.

I am also one. However, I'm a preop & just submitted my request to insurance.

Good luck
melly37
on 7/12/12 12:03 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Hi there!

I was banded in 2008 and had my revision to the sleeve in April of this year.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sleeve!  There are plenty of people that have revised and have been wildly successful with their weightloss. 

I am struggling right now....my sleeve works wonderfully, but my brain is not in the right place, at this moment.  I am going through some stuff and not making good choices.  That's me.  As long as YOU can follow a good, mostly low-carb, way of eating, then the sleeve is an excellent tool!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

bethmalone
on 7/12/12 12:27 am
 I am a band to sleeve, 5 weeks post op (all in one surgery)  The pain was minimal, (no worse than when you had the band) and as of now I've lost about 30 lbs (some pre op) I feel completely normal and love not having that band decide if I'm going to hold my lunch or puke it up.  Plus after 4 years I weighed more than I orginally did before my band.  My goal was to forget I had a wls and go on living a NORMAL happy life, and I'm well on my way.  My advice is GO FOR IT,  especially if you can get insurance to cover it.  I was a self pay in Mexico.  Best money spent!  Good luck on your decision.

BuckeyeGirl
on 7/12/12 1:48 am - TN
I'm a band to sleeve revision. My ticker reflects all weight lost post VSG. Mine was definitely successul! Very pleased with my sleeve.

Best,
Lindsey

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views