Grrrr, snarl, snap, growl, slash!!!!

angelsmom89
on 7/12/12 6:21 am - Tallahassee, FL
I can't be too disappointed and I'm not that surprised.

I jumped through every blasted hoop for the insurance company only for them to tell me that yes, they do cover the VSG, but I have to have a 45% BMI and document that I have been at a 45% BMI for 5 (FIVE!!!!) YEARS!!!!!!!  I could swear that I had documentation that this was changed, but cannot find it anywhere.  I remember getting excited because I saw that it had changed.  It's wierd because they will pay for some of their insured (Medicare I think) to get the DS, but they won't pay for the VSG

That's fine.  I'm not going to quit.  I am going to engage the services of the Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy firm.  I am like a bulldog.  Once I get my teeth firmly sunk into something, I don't let go until I get beat over the head with a very large stick, get a firehose turned on me, etc.

Has anyone else seen a similar requirement for BMI with their insurance companies?

Haha, they don't know just WHO they are messing with!

No heaven will not ever Heaven be
Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
~Author Unknown

tripmom02
on 7/12/12 6:31 am - NJ
 My PCP weighs me every time I go into her office, so it was documented in her files. I was able to get her to pull the files for me and copy them with a letter explaining that she had been my doc for "x" amount of years and that my weight had been over "x" for this period of time. They accepted it. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Candy V.
on 7/12/12 7:00 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12
What insurance company do you have? I have Priority Health and they cover VSG at a BMI of 40.
Most Active