SLEEVED!!!!

Tea
on 7/13/12 4:09 am - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12

So here is my experience so far:

Sleeved wednesday morning. I did not have much pain in the incision areas, HOWEVER, I thought i was going to die. I have had violent dry heaving episodes all the way up until last night around 10 pm. The nurses gave me something as often as they good. It was so bad ya'll!!!!!!!!!!! Gas has been minimal. I finally took a shower for the first time earlier today  and I felt so much better afterward.

I puked up the swallow for the leak test. People could hear me wretching down all the halls, oh so embarassing.

I was given chicken broth, crystal light, sf popcicles and sf jello and barely ate any of it. I wanted to eat more of it, but scared i was going to bust my sleeve .The lady was like, your not going to break it, its just liquid so sip away.... I felt silly.

So I just got released from hospital and now try to rest in my hotel room. I will update as I go along.

Also Dr. Washington was great!!! The Conway Medical Center nurses were awesome too!!

Thanks for reading :)

Tiffany

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

stephanieplum
on 7/13/12 4:37 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 So sorry about the dry heaves!  Hope you're feeling better quickly! 

Barbara J.
on 7/13/12 4:42 am - Cape Coral, FL
VSG on 07/09/12
I am five days out and feeling much better. My gas is there but not as bad. Slipping water and trying to get those 64 oz. i need. Going to the store today to get unflaovored protein drink. The sweet tasting ones is sarting to not taste so good. Hang in there it will get better.

Pobearsam7
on 7/13/12 5:05 am
Don't feel bad I picked when I did my leak test... I knew I was going to puck... I almost cried I didn't a much gas...ether
KSqtpie
on 7/13/12 5:53 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Congrats on being sleeved! My surgery was Monday, so I'm only a few days ahead of you. Sorry you had such a rough time after surgery. You seem to have a good attitude though and that will get you a long way in the recovery process. I was afraid to eat the ice chips they gave me too. I'm still cautious about drinking...but I'm sure we will get used to it! Keep up the great work and keep us in the loop how things go
AimingLow
on 7/13/12 7:43 am - HI
VSG on 07/11/12
 I thought I had done my research on getting sleeved and was super calm going in. That was the last of it. I've been struggling since I came out of surgery. I'm learning a lot of it is mind over matter. I can have a pity party for myself or I can come out swinging. Yesterday was my first day home from the hospital and I only got down about 14 oz of liquids. Kind of scarey. I need to work on that. 

I'm actually hungry for the first time. It's odd though. Two sips and I'm full. We'll go on this journey together!

Tea
on 7/13/12 10:26 am - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
im not getting in near enough fluids either, but im working on it. Plus im also on tylenol w/ codene... freaking gross, makes me almost puke!

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

Most Active