5 days out and VERY grateful!!

KSqtpie
on 7/13/12 6:06 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
I feel so blessed! I was sleeved on Monday (7/9) and I feel very grateful. I am finally on the loser's bench without any complications! I had a tiny bit of nausea coming out of anesthesia and some achiness, but that only lasted a couple hours. I had the best surgeon, the best hospital care, and the best support from friends and family. I'm 5 days out and I hardly feel like I had surgery. No nausea, no gas (never an issue at all), minimal soreness, no fatigue...it's the biggest relief.

After having a 2-level spinal fusion 3 months ago, I was dreading this surgery. I was soooo afraid of the pain. But on a scale of 1-10, this surgery was a 2! Compared to back surgery being at a freaking 15! haha

Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes! I'm excited to finally be on the journey to a healthier life. Now it's time to start learning how to eat! I feel like an infant with my tiny spoons and strained soups
VirgoMommy304
on 7/13/12 6:23 am - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
I'm so glad you had a great experience.  I hope mine is as fortunate.  Sometimes people get super excited for surgery then post WTH as soon as they get home and it is concerning as a newbie.  I don't even care anymore if it is the worst pain ever, I am done living in this body!  A few more weeks and I'll be in your shoes.  Keep me posted on your journey so I know what to expect!  I hope your recovery is smooth and comfortable!
~Kristy
KSqtpie
on 7/13/12 6:51 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
I hope you have an amazing experience also! I wanted to post the positive experience I had to give other preops some hope. Just as some people have a very rough recovery, there are also very good outcomes...so just focus on everything positive and it will happen for you! Attitude is everything Good luck!
Missey J.
on 7/13/12 6:27 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12
I too am glad your doing well and hope when my time comes its as easy as your's !!!

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
KSqtpie
on 7/13/12 7:05 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Thanks!! I hope the best for you! This is really a crazy ride, but so far it is worth it
Magirk-Magee
on 7/13/12 6:32 am
 That is incredible!  What an I inspiration  to those of us who have not had surgery yet!  Keep us posted on your progress!
KSqtpie
on 7/13/12 7:08 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Thank you...I feel very blessed. I almost backed out of this surgery because I had reached my pain tolerance for the year after having spinal fusion surgery in March, but I knew this was only going to help in the long run. I hope you have the same success. Good luck to you!!
Barbara J.
on 7/13/12 7:48 am - Cape Coral, FL
VSG on 07/09/12
It is so funny, but I have had several back surgeries and had no problems at all. Now this surgery took me for a loop especially the gas and still have gas to deal with. I am glad you are going well and I too look at the small soon and the very small amounts that I can actually handle. It is baby steps all the way. Good luck to you and know that we are on this road together!

KSqtpie
on 7/13/12 10:02 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Oh, I am jealous that you had easy back surgeries! I had a anterior/posterior 2 level fusion in my lower back with a disc replacement. lamenectomy, etc. I have a cage with screws, rods, etc. It was pretty traumatic! I was so afraid this surgery was going to be the same way. I hope you start to feel better soon. I was fully prepared for the gas to hit me at some point, but it didn't...phew. Good luck! Stay in touch and let us know how you do along the way
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/12 8:22 am
Thanks for that! I'm 6 days away and looking forward to being on the bench with a big smile like you! So glad it went well, Happy and quick healing!
Most Active