3 days post op VSG

dpflorida
on 7/15/12 7:59 am - FL
VSG on 07/12/12
 Here I am,sleeved and healing!
Rough couple of days in hospital, but I am home now sleeping in my own bed!Able to do the stairs, no problem. No drains,no stiches, surgeon used surgical glue! Since I have problems with steri strips, that is a blessing!
I never imagined how difficult  it is to get all the fluids in.I am not going near a scale for at least a week.I know I am retaining water, my hands are swollen. My DH has been an angel. He stayed with me during the entire hospitalization and kept a journal of everything that went on!
I am on sublingual zofran and the nausea is managable. Liquid tylenol for pain. Still on bp meds, but I hope to get off of those soon. Back on my insulin pump, but low basal rate. Thanks to all here on OH for your support and encouragement!
Denise

KSqtpie
on 7/15/12 8:02 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Congrats!! I'm glad you're doing well. Each day gets better and better
bluerskies
on 7/15/12 8:08 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 Sounds like you are doing great!  Congrats on a successful procedure and all the best to you on your journey ahead!
 Jessica

JordynsMommy
on 7/15/12 8:16 am - PA
VSG on 05/10/12
Congrats on your surgery and welcome to the loser's bench

Italian-Princess
on 7/15/12 8:27 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Welcome to the loser's bench!  Each day is better and better.  Wishing you an easy recovery!
Knit1
on 7/15/12 12:09 pm - WA
Congratulations! Just remember to sip, rest, walk and repeat. Allow yourself the luxury of rest, healing is the most important thing now.
Janet
In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet. Erma Bombeck  

Surgery Date: 5/10/12       Ht: 5'2"       Age: 55
Sparkie25
on 7/15/12 7:46 pm - PA
Hey girl, just take it slow. Focus hour by hour initially. Enjoy our chats. Big gentle hugs for you.

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/12 1:21 pm - GA

Glad you are home and well.  every day gets better.  welcome to the losers bench.

Most Active