My One Year Surgerversary Saved My Live!

BJUpNorth
on 7/16/12 1:22 am - MN
Hey Everyone,

It has been one heck of a year+ for me.  I had my VSG surgery on April 5, 2011 and have lost 109 pounds (I can't get my ticker to show, but I am down to 150 pounds).  I can honestly say that things have gone very smoothly for me and it was the absolute best thing that I have ever did for myself!!!

Now for my surgerversary saving my life.  I went in for my doctors appointment feeling pretty good, except for a pain down in my right side.  My doctors and nurses were so happy and excited for me.  I did mention the pain, as I thought I might have appendisitis, but the Dr. thought it was in the wrong spot, so she ordered an ultra sound. 

Well, to make a long story short, about 3 weeks later,  I was diagnosed with uterine cancer.  Not what I wanted to hear, but God has given me strength I didn't know I had. I have had a radical hysterectomy and go to the Oncologist today to find out about radiation treatments. 

A few things I have learned over this year,

1:  Drink your water!
2:  Get in your protien!  Eat it first, it really does fill you up and keep you full!
3:  Take your vitamins and supplements.
4.  Be Active.  You don't HAVE to run a marathon, but get up and move.  It gets easier and easier as the weight comes off.
5.  Love yourself!!  No matter what the scale says, you are important and you are loved!!

Another thing I learned, obesity plays a large part in uterine cancer.  It has to do with fat cells holding on to the estrogen and changing the lining of the uterus.

Now I have to get on my soapbox.
Please get checked by your doctor if you notice
*ANY unusual bleeding or discharge between your normal mentral cycles
*Extremely long or heavy bleeding
*Lower abdominal pain
*Thin white or clear vaginal discharge after menopause

Well, I want to thank everyone here on Obesity Help.  It has truely been my lifeline at times.  I have laughed and cried with many of you.

God Bless you all and good luck on your WL journey. 

Brenda
P.S. I'll post new pictures soon

favrow812
on 7/16/12 1:36 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but congrats on your success over the past year. Keep us updated!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

NewtoYou
on 7/16/12 1:44 am
VSG on 09/10/12
Dear Brenda,

First off, congratulations on all your success.  You have worked very had this past year to achieve so much.

I am so sorry to hear of your next hurdles, I will keep you in my thoughts and wish for a speedy recovery and healing for you; you have gone through so much, and are a stronger person for it.  

Thank you for the advice, it's very important for  us all to keep vigilence over our bodies, to listen to it and get to know it personally.  Respect it.   I have learned to do this over the past 4 years while going through fertility therapy and via my high risk pregnancy.  

I commend you for your strength and wish only the best for you.

Melissa
sledge
on 7/16/12 1:54 am
 I am so sorry about the cancer dx.   I was dx with endometrial cancer two years ago.  My sister was dx one year ago.   We both had radical hysterectomies and are doing great.    I know you will too....and you are so much healthier to deal with whatever comes your way.

Your advice is great....I had heavy bleeding for 4 years and was told I was in perimenopause and it was normal.   It is NOT normal.   I switched docs and she sent me immediately for ulatrasound and then ater those results, a biopsy.    Please know that doctors do not know everything and you need to be your own advocate.

Sending positve thoughts re:  rad tx.....
stephanieplum
on 7/16/12 1:54 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thank you for sharing your story!  Blessings and healing.

Shagdoll
on 7/16/12 2:16 am
Brenda, thank you so much for sharing your story. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers that you come out of this thriving. You have done an amazing job with your sleeve. I look forward to seeing your pics. Take care!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

slimpickins5280
on 7/16/12 2:27 am - CO

I'll keep positive thoughts for your complete recovery.

You are so positive. I'm glad I read your post. I needed a good dose of "count your blessings" today because I was feeling sorry for myself about my s.l.o.w. weight loss, especially recently. Stressed about a new direction my life is taking. Trying to help my brother take care of his grandson - i.e. I'm doing daycare when he needs me - today being one of those days.

You reminded me to be thankful.

One hour at a time.

I think we'll bail on all this stressful junk and go play at the park.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

theshrinkingmimi
on 7/16/12 2:35 am
Hallelujah on the weight loss and the timely diagnosis.

I pray for your continued strength and positivity. Many blessings.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
diane S.
on 7/16/12 3:08 am
Congrats on your successful weight loss and thanks for sharing your success. Sorry to hear about the cancer issue and wish you the best in treatment. If its any comfort, my mother had this about 20 years ago and no recurrance and she is still going strong.   all the best.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

rhearob
on 7/16/12 3:26 am - TN
 I'll echo what everyone else has said - Congratulations on your accomplishment!  Sorry to hear of your recent troubles, but you know you have the strength to overcome it.  Best wishes and prayers!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views