Vacation report/trip pics, PWing ahead..

INgirl
on 7/17/12 4:37 am, edited 7/17/12 4:39 am
Well, I'm back from 3+ weeks of traveling with my awesome husband & had a blast! During this trip, more than once, each of us remarked about how grateful and happy we were that I made the call to have the VSG. This was usually remarked while doing something that I would have never been able to do or would not have even attempted prior, or would have suffered through with a fair heaping of complaining, whining, and general grumpiness.. Suffice to say, this long trip has really driven home just how good a decision it was to get it and work it the way I did.   

We went to St.John USVI for two weeks for our 10th anniversary, DID NOT WANT TO COME HOME. 

Warm, warm, scorching Caribbean sun, clear blue water, lots of fish to chase, lots of gorgeous scenery and trails..   Then off to northern Wisconsin to do some camping and lake/falls swimming. I did learn fast here, both in an indoor hotel pool and the fresh water, that I no longer float, at all. I sink, and sink well. Thankfully I swim well too. Sal****er is nicer, I still can float!

Came home after three weeks up a couple lbs, but at the same time, in reality my lowest weight was from having a case of bronchitis with a fever for 2 weeks prior to the trip.. I am still sitting right now at June's low weight from right before I got sick! I must say, I did thoroughly enjoy my share of good local eats/drinks on both trips (conch fritters and yucca fries are indeed sliders to a point!) Thankfully, hopping back on plan for me isn't an issue, and all those foods got left behind on the trip with no reservations and no regrets! 

The view from our cottage on the hill on St. John:

My husband & me goofing after snorkeling :)

Did this almost every day:

Gorgeous hike, would never have done this at almost 300lbs.. hot, hot day, sweating like mad, rough trail.. both in full sun and forest. This was almost the end/top.

Sunset sail, last night there.. chatting away.

Did not want to go home, this was the morning we left..

Pic at Devil's Lake S.P. in Wisconsin. Just stopped in on the way home for a quick swim to cool off.

favrow812
on 7/17/12 4:44 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Looks like an amazing trip! Welcome home!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

SlimD
on 7/17/12 4:48 am
You look so happy!!!!!!! 
louisamay
on 7/17/12 4:50 am
VSG on 04/27/12
You. Look. Fabulous.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

INgirl
on 7/17/12 4:54 am
Thanks, it was a taste of paradise to be sure- couldn't help but smile the whole time! 

Just a good reminder to me, this was before surgery:

[image]

Yeah, there's so much I would have not done/seen/enjoyed at that size. No regrets, not a stitch.
melly37
on 7/17/12 5:02 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
You look happy, gorgeous and THIN!!  Congrats!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

kimberleyann
on 7/17/12 5:04 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Looks like a great trip. Congrats.

stephanieplum
on 7/17/12 5:11 am
VSG on 06/27/12
You look wonderful! And, the trip looked like so much fun!

loverofcats
on 7/17/12 5:25 am
You look fabulous!!! Glad that your trip went so well. The locales are beautiful. I don't blame you for not wanting to come home.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

AmberK
on 7/17/12 5:49 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Glad you had a great time! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Most Active