APPROVED!!!!

chocolateeri
on 7/19/12 9:04 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 I just found out from my insurance that I got approved for the surgery! I called them just to follow up and make sure they got the info they needed and they said I was already approved today! It only took 1 week! Now I just have to wait to hear from the obesity center so they can schedule a consultation wiht the surgeon. Not sure what comes next or how soon I can schedule the surgery. Does anybody know what typically happens next? 
Pobearsam7
on 7/19/12 9:09 am
Every vsg process is different... Check w/ your center to see what the process is...I had my consultation first got a surgery date then did pre op testing then got approved 3 wks b4 surgery... So ur process is different than mines.. Wish u luck

Kelly                

chocolateeri
on 7/19/12 9:16 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Thank you! I am very excited. Not scared...yet. maybe I will be when it gets closer.
Maza
on 7/19/12 9:52 am - TX
Yea!! Congrats!, when I got approved everything happened pretty quickly. just depends on you scheduler :).

catana
on 7/19/12 10:44 am - Bryan, TX
VSG on 08/02/12
Wonderful! Hopefully everything else will go that smoothly.

In my case, I had to attend a seminar, then have a consult with the surgeon, take the tests he required, then they submitted to my insurance. I also got approved quickly, and then I got to schedule surgery (August 2nd!). Just took my nutrition class yesterday, started 2-week pre-op diet today, and will have the real pre-op appt with surgeon on July 27th.

So excited for us both!

-cat

Age: 51 Starting Weight: 273.5 Surgery Weight: 258 Current Weight: 175.5

"I'm not crazy. My surgeon had me tested."

chocolateeri
on 7/19/12 10:58 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Awesome! How long did all the tests and everything take before you got to schedule the surgery?
catana
on 7/19/12 11:16 pm - Bryan, TX
VSG on 08/02/12
 Well, I had been researching quite awhile, and I was really organized with all my info. Called my insurance to verify I was eligible, visited my PCP and endocrinologist before I went to the seminar. That helped me fill all all the info you have to have to turn into the surgeon. Also, I was lucky that I live in a relatively small town, so it was easy to get my tests in very quickly. So from start of appointment making for seminar to insurance approval/surgery date scheduled took a month.

But really - I was lucky! My insurance approved within a few days! That made all the difference. Hope yours goes that fast, too!

-cat

Age: 51 Starting Weight: 273.5 Surgery Weight: 258 Current Weight: 175.5

"I'm not crazy. My surgeon had me tested."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views