Slow going.

seekingslimness
on 7/20/12 3:13 am
VSG on 02/24/12
Well my weight loss has really slowed since the increase in stress, my husband's cancer diagnosis, and my decrease ability to maintain the healthiest diet plan.  I am going day by day and meal by meal but I do make mistakes, I am not perfect, especially now.  I also need to increase my exercise.  I just need to stay strong, I can't let stress derail me.  I am still fighting but progress is slow. I miss the fast weight-loss I saw the first 6 weeks or so, always a surprise every morning. My internal mantra, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.
   NIKKI

Shagdoll
on 7/20/12 3:19 am
Nikki, sorry to hear about your husband's cancer diagnosis. That certiainly doesn't help along with the other stress in your life. Have you reached out to any of the vets on this forum who have been successful? Do you feel like you want to make your diet a little healthier to increase the weight loss? You are only 5 months out and can work your sleeve to your advantage.
You can do this gurl, we all can.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

happyteacher
on 7/20/12 3:49 am
 Hang in there- remember eating the right choices will make you feel better and that truly will help you with the stressors in your life-  you can do this!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Frantom
on 7/20/12 5:09 am
I know when I hit my "plateau" it was really difficult to not get depressed - but thankfully for THIS website I knew it was coming so I was prepared - and then the weight started to drop again, just more slowly.  What can I say - yes, the excercise I started getting made it go a bit faster.  My recommendation - do any "movement" that is fun.  For me, I bought an IPod and put my favorite dance music on it- that way I feel like I'm "dancing" on the treadmill.
I had some more surgery and haven't been on it for almost 4 months and believe it or not, I really miss it because it was actually fun.
As we all say and we all hear: hang in there, it's worth it!
Happy966
on 7/20/12 5:57 am, edited 7/20/12 5:57 am

Nikki,

Sometimes eating my favorite foods seems to be the only way to take care of myself when everything else is going to hell around me. But you're right, you can do this! We can do this! None of us are perfect. But please take the time you need to care for yourself. Eating well will make you stronger, and give you more energy to deal with your struggles with your husband's health and your family. "Put on your own make before assisting others!" You really can do this. (((Hugs)))

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views