had sleeve any NEW procedure to tighten it?

emmakinnison
on 7/21/12 4:10 am - northwood, OH
 i heard there's a new procedure for patients who had the sleeve, who are gaining weight, a procedure to help with that. anybody hear of it in the toldeo area? 
moonglo82
on 7/21/12 4:12 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I've heard of people being re-sleeved, but I've also heard that it's not as safe the second time around as it is the first. Not sure why... those are just the general gists of what I have heard.

Maybe others will chime in who know more about this than I do.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

wls2011
on 7/21/12 4:44 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Don't really know about tightening it... I think what the other poster said is right, they'd have to re-sleeve....

What about converting to DS? That's the route I'd probably go if I gained back a significant portion of weight ...but first I'd try to see if my current sleeve could still help me lose it, by watching my protein, carbs, and nutrients closely, tracking and measuring portions, the stuff I did in the beginning, if I still couldn't lose weight, then the DS has very good statistics for long term weight loss, you could check into it...

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

I_Sd8_em
on 7/21/12 6:57 am, edited 7/21/12 6:57 am
Maybe the rose or pose procedure. Look up dr thomas lavin in louisiana. youtud etc...
frisco
on 7/21/12 8:58 am

I've "Heard" of

- Re-sleeve

- Stitched up from the inside

- Fold over the staple line

Don't have any first hand info..... all is hear say.......

This brings up a very good point ........Every time I recommend....or hear someone recommend smaller sleeve size...... there is a bunch of people that think any sleeve size is fine......

If you think that.... go with it...... 

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/12 10:41 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
I know a few people who have been re-sleeved successfully. I think moonglo is right about a slightly higer chance of leaks the second time around. The one lady I know of who has been re-sleeved is doing much better than the first time. I think her tummy might have just been too big. She is losing much faster this time around. I am sure there are other things you can do. You can revise to DS or gastric bypass (although the DS makes much more sense). I wish you the best!!
Carmelita
on 7/21/12 11:30 am - Four Corners, NM
 EMMA!!  Is this fixable thru diet and exercise?  back to basics? and how much weight ya talkin here.  
Theres a gal about 6 years post op here and gained over half her lost weight. But she seems pretty dang happy....lost a trifecta in 2 years post op...maintained for a couplea years then regained... As you may have gathered by now....

OUR WEIGHT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SIZE OF OUR STOMACHS....altered or not!!

n  let me tell ya...I can sooo relate!!  I had a 25 lb regain by 2 years out. Got injured...on topical ionta, oral and IM steroids n physical therapy for 8 months...EATING the SAME....even tho exercise took a MAJOR nosedive!  I completely dropped out of OH (my only WLS support) for 9 months during..deleted almost all "my friends" dumb dumb dumb...

AND...on top of this....My surgeon specifically told me....at 5 pounds regain....ACT!! make my adjustments...diet and exercise......well I know Im old, and NOT hard of hearing yet.....but over 8 months..sat n watched that 5 turn to 10 then 15 on n on...

So what did I do....got my butt back here!! My head in the game  and lost 20 in 4.5 months...diet n exercise!!  I have teetered 3-10 pounds...outside my lowest post op weight since.... these pounds off and make em all stick for 6 months....that's  my new goal ...then I can get my VSG tattoo!! 

The younguns...here are correct....RE-SLEEVE...usually done IF...you always had poor weight loss following VSG, you had an abnormally "conservative" large sleeve done from the get go....Re-sleeves have been done...but carry risk of ^^^ fistula. You'll need to find a surgeon experienced in re-sleeves. 

The DS....if you've had significant regain to me is a better option. It requires super comittment to vitamin mineral supplementation for the rest of your life. some 20-30 $upplements...daily. Many WLS insurance policies...allow 1 WLS...per pt. Know your policy.  VSG to DS revision much more common than you think! 

LapBand...over sleeve....has been done...I dunno if this is sumthin you'd wanna mess with....the idea of puttin sumthin plastic over muscle/tissue is something I could never do, but again an option

IF you want to BUCKLE DOWN and work on this.......look into leptin..an adipose fat hormone.... resistance, stressors and supplementing to counteract. Look at other hormonal changes...that may be occuring...like peri/meno...thyroid, any medications that may be screwin ya up n switch em out... Weigh****chers, local OAs, in real life bariatric support groups, therapy, gettin yer head back in the WLS game iow.  Some links to OA and maybe doin the 5 DPT (scroll down)..to start things off...do it for 5 days, a carb detox...and let me tell ya...will PROVE to you...your restriction is there and NEVER LEFT YOU!!.
                                                STALLS and PLATEAUS

Consider doing the CCT  cottage cheese test....gotta scroll down...BOUGIES in VSG to test your VSG capacity.  Its your breakfast!!  cottage cheese eaten for 5 minutes only....eat to satiety...not full and no longer hungry....measured TBS added up = your stomachs capacity  2TBS= 1 oz. ..compare to meal capacity of a fully matured sleeve. 

No better time to START ALL OVER than everyday! ....consider all options...then decide which road ya wanna travel.

The bestest of wishes extend to you Emma.  You ARE in control.

diane S.
on 7/21/12 11:37 am
The sleeve can be tightened up if a barium swallow test shows its enlarged. I know two people who had this done during hiatal hernia repair surgery (laproscopic). One was my husband. Worked well.   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views