4 days out

rose conway
on 7/27/12 3:03 am - NY
VSG on 07/23/12
I don't see how I'm ever going to eat..I'm getting my liquids down but am uncomfortable with every SIP is it gonna get better?
ace30927
on 7/27/12 3:07 am - MD
Yes, give it time- I felt like I was never going to eat again. I am only 6 weeks out...but girl it's a whole new world. Focus on healing and not the food! You will be good to go before you know it.
BIGGY
on 7/27/12 3:15 am - Tulsa, OK
VSG on 07/24/12
omg I feel the same .I hurt so SAD WHEN I sip on water,poweraid zero or even sf popsivles. I want to feel nomal again.anotherr thing tat gets me mad i was 329 fri of lst week and tody iam 337 how did that happen.

HW:375 (04/02/12) 
SW:339 (07/
24/12)
CW:244 (11/13/14)

Wiasbeck
on 7/27/12 3:49 am - NV
 We're you just sleeved? If so, many people hold onto water weight from the IV while in the hospital.
Pre-op -7.8, M1 -21.4, M2 -18.4, M3 -?

m      
BIGGY
on 7/27/12 1:15 pm - Tulsa, OK
VSG on 07/24/12
yes I was sleeved tuesday

HW:375 (04/02/12) 
SW:339 (07/
24/12)
CW:244 (11/13/14)

moonglo82
on 7/27/12 4:24 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Give it a few more days.  The IV fluid they use in the hospitals is full of sodium... most people are up 5-10 pounds when they get home for that reason.  Plus you're undoubtedly super swollen right now from the surgery itself.  Keep sipping, and keep moving around as much as you can between naps and sips, and it really will get better.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

ace30927
on 7/27/12 3:23 am - MD
It is frustrating. However, at this stage I will tel lyou getting on the scale isn't where you should focus. I think it's human nature to think that as soon as we have the surgery that it should just start melting off, and that isn't the case, you have to understand that your body is going to retain as much stuff as it can the first few days because it has not clue what is going on. Be patient and remember this is a slow and steady process- the weight didn't come on in a day it's not going to come off either. Focus on healing and getting better. I lived off popsicles and powerade zero the first couple of weeks and I know everyone is different. Wishing you the best and hang in there! 

rose conway
on 7/27/12 3:29 am - NY
VSG on 07/23/12
How did u feel the first time u ate something?
considering2012
on 7/27/12 3:27 am
I'm 4 days post as well and I haven't even begun to think about popsicles because they'd melt before I could finish them. For now it's water, sugar-free juice drink, and chicken broth. I just decided that I'll do what I can for now and let that be enough.

What's really hard for me is these chewable vitamins and the gas after every.single.swallow. Anyway, the pain has subsided significantly and walking is easier and easier so I know all of the tough stuff will just be a memory soon.
ace30927
on 7/27/12 3:46 am - MD
I was only on a liquid diet for a week and then I moved to mushies. The first thing I ate was a scrambled egg. I was able to eat like two bites of it and was like OMG that is enough. It was easy. I never had any issues with drinking either besides it filling me up quickly. That's why I liked the popsicles I got hydrated and the cold felt really good to me- I moved on to basic foods- minus nuts and such a couple of weeks ago and am doing ok- You will have food you can tolerate and foods you can't. It's funny now because when I am full I hiccup. I call it my full button and so does my boyfriend. When I hiccup he says you are full now aren't you?  Silly I know but funny. Ladies, please just hang in there. What you are going through is not going to last forever. Take it an hour at a time. If you can make through one hour you can make it through 24. Your body just went through a major rehaul so be patient with it. Before you know it you will be like me 6 weeks out and boogie'n around with a whole new world to explore!!!! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views