Nutter Butter protein shake, my fav!

INgirl
on 7/28/12 4:21 am
Pre-op, those stinking cookies were one of the few store bought that would call to me, those and fig newtons and those raisin biscuits that you can only order online now.. Anyway..

This is a shake I didn't indulge in often during my losing stage as the cals are higher than what I aimed for, but now I have one a few times a week and it is very satisfying for that peanut butter cookie jones!

I make it either shaken or blended, but prefer it blended- with frozen almond milk (I have a bag of almond mil**** cubes- ea cube=1oz, so easy to blend and go!)

Here's what's in it:

1.5c unsweetened vanilla almond milk (if blended- half frozen, half liquid)

30g (about 1/4C) Protein Plus peanut flour (basically PB2, purely peanuts- but no added sugar and cheaper than PB2, so bonus!)

Pinch or two of salt

28g NOW brand whey protein isolate, unflavored

Couple pumps SF DaVinci Dulce de Leche syrup, to taste

This shake is esp good if you are heading out for a nice long hike, or need something to keep you well fueled for a few hours.. Stats for this tasty high protein shake are: 260 cals/ 11 carbs- of which 6 are fiber for those that do net carbs, and 43g protein.. so you can make this and have it all at once for a high protein bfast, or do what I do sometimes- have half for bfast, and half for dessert!

EliseG
on 7/28/12 4:36 am - MA
I loved nutter butters pre-op, I'm totally bookmarking this, thanks!!

Shagdoll
on 7/28/12 5:38 am
Thanks Jo, I gotta try this one for sure!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

moonglo82
on 7/28/12 5:58 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Thanks Jo! I need to try this!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views