Mourning, bad choices and retail therapy (pics)

LeahBea
on 7/29/12 11:09 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
So last Sunday I found out that a good friend had passed away the night before. This was very unexpected and was something I wasn't prepared for. I have lost quite a few people this year and having to bury another friend is something I don't want to have to do. But life sends you **** you just have to deal with sometimes.

I'm not proud to admit that I ate a lot of off plan things last Sunday night and Monday, I was trying to dull the hurt with food (something I haven't done since surgery) and surprise surprise, it didn't help... Just made me feel awful. So I pulled myself together on Tuesday and did what any girl should do in time of crisis, I went shopping.

Tuesday I spent an obsene amount of money on a new Jimmy Choo bag and two new pairs of Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses. Felt better for a while, but Wednesday I got the urge to go indulge in more retail therapy. So I did. I drove down to the outlet malls about an hour away and bought clothes.

Started at Calvin Klein where I was amazed to find a very cute outfit for about $58 total.

Then I went to J. Crew and bought a pair of pants, a tank top and a cardigan... I'm not going to admit how much I spent because it's pretty bad. But, those pants... are a size 4! I started trying the size 8... too big, size 6... too big, I stared at the woman helping me like she was smoking crack when she said, "let's try the 4's". I literally almost cried in the dressing room when I buttoned them and they fit. I'm still amazed. And both the tops were size Small... there are hardly words.

Then I bought a pair of dress pants and 3 tops at Ann Taylor. Expensive, but all things that I'll wear on a regular basis.

Then I went into Michael Kors! Oh holy mother, I could spend every penny I own in that store. And guess what? I wear a size small top there! Again, almost died/cried/had a melt down in the dressing room.

Overall, I got some great pieces to start rebuilding my waredrobe, and though I spent a decent amount of money... EVERYTHING I bought was on sale. So I guess I don't feel that guilty.

I wore the dress pants and one of the tops today to the viewing and snapped a few pictures.

Leah

Birdie55
on 7/29/12 11:15 am
I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend.

Such cute clothes, though.  You look wonderful in that blue.....and wow on the size 4 pants.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

LeahBea
on 7/29/12 2:06 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
 I bought that top in the blue and a maroon/red since they were only $13 each and I loved the way they looked.

Thank you.

Leah

Karebare50
on 7/29/12 11:36 am - Troy, NY
Condolences  to yo on the loss of your friend.  That is stressful and emotional.  It's no wonder you ate off plan.  Congrats on the ability to turn yourself around back to the positive.  The best thing we can do is find the positive and move forward.

Great looking clothes and if you spent it on things you will definitely use, then it was all good. 

I can't wait until I can walk into some of those designer stores and buy things.  I have finally said goodbye to Lane Bryant and the plus size department of all the stores I shop in, so I know how great it feels to go to the smaller sizes, although 4 is not in my sights yet!  

Keep up the good work and keep moving forward!

Karen
Karebare50 Dance Like Nobody's Watching!

HW pre-surgery: 248  SW: 236

LeahBea
on 7/29/12 2:14 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Not to make light of it, because its not behavior I generally have and is not ok, but I am in maintenance and I know there could have been much worse things to eat besides a few pretzels, etc. 

I felt really guilty about all of it because I've worked so hard to get where I am now. But I realized that it already happened, I can't take it back and it's a learning experience.

Leah

Debbie R.
on 7/29/12 12:08 pm - Cedar Hill, TX
VSG on 02/27/12

So sorry for your loss & you look great. Sometimes
eating off plan happens, but you will be able to start again tomorrow. Hope you had fun with the retail therapy I usually do & congratulations on the new sizes!!

LeahBea
on 7/29/12 2:16 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
 Eating off plan is not usually something I do. In fact, my weight loss phase was successful because I didn't. But, I've been back on my maintenance eating plan since Tuesday and no hiccups since. :)

Leah

Cindi A.
on 7/29/12 1:28 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12
Retail therapy terrifies me. I already love shopping for new clothes, and have a huge wardrobe, so imagine how much worse it will be when I'm out of the plus sizes and have whole malls to choose from!!! ::shudder::

You look great, wearing a small....wow, how amazing that must feel!

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

LeahBea
on 7/29/12 2:18 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
 It's been hard, and I didn't really buy new clothes while I was going down sizes in weight loss because I knew I'd shrink out of them and it would be wasted money. Thankfully I had awesome people in my life that donated and let me borrow clothes through out my weight loss!

Leah

moonglo82
on 7/29/12 1:36 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Leah, I'm so sorry about your friend. Life really can send you **** sometimes!

You look great in those new outfits though! You have done such an amazing job... I hope I do as well as you!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Most Active