I NEED HELP!!! Day 1 pre-op diet and there is leftover spaghetti and taco stuff in the fridge!

chocolateeri
on 8/1/12 9:47 am
VSG on 08/16/12 with
 I really, REALLY want to cheat on this...it has only been 1 day, and it was a rough day at work and I am an emotional eater...so I want the food in the fridge. I just had some chicken broth...it didn't help. What should I do to help this? I have already had my max of shakes and cottage cheese today. The jello is like "eating air", NOT COOL!!! The surgeon said pre-op diet is 10-14 days. I have it perfectly timed for me to do this for 14 days, then day 15 is the day before my surgery, so I change to clear, then surgery the 16th, but I am having SUCH A HARD TIME!!!

louisamay
on 8/1/12 9:55 am
VSG on 04/27/12
You carry that spaghetti and taco meat to the garbage and not only do you put it in, but you then pour maple syrup or kitty litter or something over it to make it so disgusting you won't be tempted to get it back out.

You can do this.

You can.

And the first thing you do is DON'T TORTURE YOURSELF WITH TEMPTATION!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

chocolateeri
on 8/1/12 10:01 am
VSG on 08/16/12 with
 I wish I could, but it's all for my hubby now. He is going to eat it for his lunch and dinner so I don't have to cook. Someone suggested on another thread to go get sugar free popscicles and go to bed early. That sounds like it might help

louisamay
on 8/1/12 10:09 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Put it into baggies in meal-sized portions and stick them all in the freezer.  Then only take out one meal at a time for him.

Sugar free popsicles is a great idea.  They sure help me.

rhearob
on 8/1/12 9:59 am - TN
 Do you have a garbage disposal?  I am sure its hungry.

I was lucky, I had Dr. Houston - he only required 3 days.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

chocolateeri
on 8/1/12 10:02 am
VSG on 08/16/12 with
 Ugh!!! If I knew that before hand, I would have switched to Dr. Houston! lol

Could_It_Be
on 8/1/12 10:01 am
 WHY do you want this surgery?

What will eating that food accomplish?

If you eat it now, what will stop you tomorrow?

Yes, it sucks and it will probably suck again in the future but here's the thing- you have decided to have major surgery and have most of a healthy organ removed. I'm assuming you are doing to to be healthier? 

Don't give that dang food all this power!!

Ger it out of the house now! Go for a walk, read a book, watch TV, call a friend, use the search bar up there on the right and do some surgery research. SOMETHING to not eat.

You can do this!

VSG on 6/22/11
chocolateeri
on 8/1/12 10:04 am
VSG on 08/16/12 with
 Thanks, I thought I would do a lot better than I am...I got weak.... 

Could_It_Be
on 8/1/12 10:06 am
 We all get weak, we screw up, we get back up!

I get mad at that food having so much power over me!!

You can do this!

VSG on 6/22/11
louisamay
on 8/1/12 10:16 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Look.  It's the first day.  That means several things.  One, the first two or three days are usually the hardest because you are used to eating what you want and suddenly you can't. 

Buit also, you will figure out how to space out your shakes and such over the day so that you feel full longer.  When to drink water.  All that stuff. 

So yeah, this is hard, but it won't always be this hard.  It does get better. 

Hang in there.  You can do this.