I NEED HELP!!! Day 1 pre-op diet and there is leftover spaghetti and taco stuff in the fridge!

chocolateeri
on 8/1/12 11:11 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 So, I figured this out. my original pre-op diet pan was to have 1 cottage cheese, 1 yogurt, some coffee, lots of water, and some jello and broth and 4 shakes a day (of the EAS shakes-not sure how much protein is in those). I called the nut to ask a question about my protein shakes and she changed it ( i have not met with her personally and she wasn't the one to give me the original plan) and said if I am going to eat 2 cottage cheese a day or 1 yogurt and 1 cottage cheese, then I am only supposed to have 2 shakes a day. I am thinking this is why this is harder than I thought it would be. So I went on ahead and made a 3rd shake. These shakes are not the EAS shakes, and they have 30g of protein. I feel much better now, and I am going to read and go to bed 

jolenecsky
on 8/1/12 11:12 am - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
Stay FOCUSED girl!! This is going to be sooooooo worth it! One thing I did before this surgery was I went and bought an I-pod touch. I have been really using that to distract me too. Playing games on it and I even got several food & fitness trackers set up on it. Just think....from here on out your weight is going to do nothing but go DOWN!! Isn't that amazing! Think about that scale tomorrow morning. And plus....if you cheat today, you're body is going to want food tomorrow even more. You have to get used to saying no to your brain.

Also, I live with my 2 sisters and I told them that while I am in the pre-op diet, they have to either eat in their rooms or before they get home at night. I refuse to watch other people eat!! Good luck girl!

DOS: 8/15/12

moonglo82
on 8/1/12 11:14 am
VSG on 03/29/12
It gets easier after the first few days. You are detoxing right now, so your body is sending your brain all kinds of signals begging for crap that you know you don't need.

Just remember why you're doing this and that this is definitely temporary. You can do it!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

carebear32958
on 8/1/12 10:12 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Sorry its been so rough but you can do it! I'm not on the same pre-op diet but I feel ya, no carbs for the next 2 weeks, I woke  up this morning nauseaus and the worst headach ever! But it will get better and easier.  Something I have found just by working nights and not wanting to eat all night long to just have something to do, I started using crest white strips, can't eat or drink when u wear them, paint my nails, don't wanna mess up my new mani :) I find if I am reading a really good book or involved in a fun craft project I tend to forget to eat.  Try to find something fun to do so you can distract yourself. Its not really hunger I think its our brains sabatoging us because its pissed off we aren't listening to it anymore :) LOL...good luck hun
Most Active