Pre-Op diet day 2, also, questions about tubes I keep reading about

chocolateeri
on 8/2/12 11:34 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 I was freaking out yesterday, I was STARVING!!! thanks to you all, I didn't crack. I ate a popsicle (sugar free) and went to bed at 8:30  I felt GREAT this  morning. Today went a lot better. My co-worker bought me a water bottle that holds the full 64oz of water, with a sport top. So I will be using that from now on to be sure I get all my water. 

***off topic, need clarification***

I see people that are fresh out of the surgery talking about drainage tubes. Can someone explain the whole deal with these? Is stuff leaking out all over the place when you drink? How long do you have those for? Do they come out at a week 1 post-op visit? PLease explain 

Thanks again for all of the support!

Wildcat-NYC
on 8/2/12 11:39 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Not all doctors use drains - you can call your doctor and ask if he uses one.  Here's what wikipedia says about drains:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drain_(surgery)

Keep strong with your pre-op diet!  You can do it!!!!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
chocolateeri
on 8/2/12 11:41 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Thanks! I just noticed someone posted asking about this this morning already. So I got some info from that post too. Thanks!

jolenecsky
on 8/2/12 11:42 am - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
YAY!! I am so proud of you!! I am on day 4 now. Wow.....it is so much easier. The first 2 days were the WORST. *hugs* Hang in there girl.......it's gonna be so worth it.

DOS: 8/15/12

Jewelz13
on 8/2/12 11:42 am - TX
 My doctor doesn't use them. The are placed to drain out any fluids that may build up or blood. My doc says not seen as useful as in the past. Ask your doc!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 1:51 pm - Anoka, MN
VSG on 07/12/12
Mine didn't use a drain either. Good for you for beating temptation!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views