Challenges/Life after bariatric surgery ... new book offer

Carmelita
on 8/4/12 1:51 am - Four Corners, NM
 I dunno...some of yas may be into reading books. 

this am got this email  ....from amihungry.com  yeah Im a member.

a new book set on MINDFUL EATING.... life after bariatric surgery.  

AM I HUNGRY  LIFE AFTER BARIATRIC SURGERY
MINDFUL EATING

Might be helpful to some of yous out there! No matter the stage of your journey. 

Tools are everywhere...which one you pick up n use to get the job done..is up to YOU now!

I try to use em all.. some more than once ...
sometimes I need a rake more often than I need a pic axe ,-)

DH has said since Ive known him "ya gotta have the right tool for the right job" ...VSG for sure was that right tool for the right job..."resolution of my comorbidities primarily.. massive weight loss the perk"
but there are other repairs that need fine tuning to keep this CARmelita running efficiently.... even at ~4 years post op! ,-)

The scream becomes a whisper....that whisper can become a scream again....if "I" permit it. 
Making my adjustments: gettin on plan asap after a breakdown/episode, fine tuning, all part of the MASTER PLAN!

Changing our behaviors is the solution

guesswho11
on 8/4/12 3:06 am, edited 8/4/12 3:19 am
Thanks for sharing this!  I'm almost a 1 1/2 years out, and I've seriously been letting the wrong foods creep in...and I know I'm eating without being hungry.  The thought of regain scares me to death!  I've always believed in intuitive eating, but I just couldn't carry it out before.  I'm hoping that my 'tool' will assist me in doing so.

eta...I jut ordered the book duo.  TFS :)

mawmawpenny
on 8/4/12 5:29 am - LA
Thanks Carmelita, I'm always looking for things to read on eating after weight loss surgery. I will be ordering these books.

Penny
happyteacher
on 8/4/12 6:27 am
 Have you read it?  Worthy of the read or just a synopsis of the common knowledge floatinhg around here on OH?

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Carmelita
on 8/4/12 8:46 am - Four Corners, NM
 No HT its NEW!  Ordered it today. ...as soon as I do read it tho...I'll give ya my unsolicited critique..........as usual  ,-)

Here's the link to PDF table of contents and pg 204/205...give it a  
                                                 looksie 

full-of-hopen
on 8/4/12 8:21 am
Thanks for the info Carmelita; always enjoy your posts. Post op day 10 !!! Barb
happyteacher
on 8/4/12 11:36 pm
 Thanks for the link Carmelita... I am thinking I may just order this, although I bet the pdf has all of the key ideas right there ;)   I appreciate the post- this looks like it would be a great fit for transitioning over to maintenence and finishing up these last few pounds to goal.  

Looking forward to your review!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

tscasto
on 8/5/12 10:51 pm - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
 Thanks! I will try to remember to go check this out after we get home from vacation. Otherwise, I'm sure your review will remind me. :-)

I needed that today, the whole fine tuning & changing our behavior reminder. I was a disappointed yesterday when my boyfriend & his son were eating fried cheese balls & I was eating my protein bar. I honestly wasn't hungry for them or thought they really even looked good. It was the idea I had to do something different. This post reminds me that I chose this life & I need to maintain it. Before I would've eaten that stuff just cause it was there & behaviors like that got me to surgery in the first place.

Thanks for the reality check & all your great posts!!
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
Most Active