want to go to 6 flags

rose conway
on 8/4/12 9:31 am - NY
VSG on 07/23/12
Ok I'm just wondering when its safe to go on rides and roller coaster I'm 13 days out tomorrow and want to go to amusement park is it safe, what could happen?
ksommer08
on 8/4/12 9:42 am - OH
VSG on 06/25/12
I didn't go at 2 weeks out, but I did at 4 weeks. I didn't have problems with the rides, but I'll tell you what I did run into. Six Flags does not carry any sugar free non carbonated beverages, nor do they carry bariatric friendly food. I failed to bring my own and after my first 2 32 ounce water bottles, I was really sick of water. I struggled to keep drinking it and by the end of the hot day, I passed out from dehydration and low blood sugar while in a roller coaster line. They do allow you to bring your own food and beverages in if you have special dietary needs, and if I had it to do again, I would have definitely taken advantage of that.

ND2BTHN
on 8/4/12 12:27 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Personally I would wait until all your stitches have fully healed. Your stomach muscles take a beating trying to support yourself from being thrown around on the coasters. I recommend waiting at least 1 month before even considering it. You also really have to plan ahead for this type of day too. Since you will be on a liquid diet or soft foods, you have to bring it with you, and plan set times to eat. If it is really hot, you can dehydrate very quickly, so having water handy is very important. Some feel weak with low blood sugar symptoms early out, and rides won't help the dizzy sensations. Just be sure you are fully ready and with someone who understands your special diet needs, and can help you if you feel ill. Other than that, enjoy.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
moonglo82
on 8/4/12 1:02 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I too would wait until you are at least on solids. While you *can* bring your own food, it would be a pain in the neck to carry a cooler around the park all day, and going back out to the car can be a major pain as well depending on where you end up having to park. If you wait until you are on solids, you can at least pack crystal light packets or mio to help get the water down and beef jerky, quest bars, etc to get you through meals.

Also, please check with your dr to see when he or she thinks roller coasters would be safe. Those rides do tend to jerk you around a bit, and it would not be fun to pull a muscle first thing in the morning and be in pain the rest of the day.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

rose conway
on 8/4/12 10:19 pm - NY
VSG on 07/23/12
Thanks everyone I decided it wasn't a great idea its just that I'm feeling great and wanna enjoy the rest of the summer but I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks I definitely don't wanna hurt myself thanks again
Pura Vida
on 8/5/12 11:32 am - Costa Rica
I am 3.5 yrs out and cant ride rollercoasters, all that movement makes me nauseas.
Most Active