Ok, maybe I'm just slow.. or not "protein adventurous"

INgirl
on 8/3/12 4:18 pm
But I made Syntrax Nectar Grapefruit with almond milk today, just in the shaker.. It was flipping good. 
I did this with the Crystal sky too, with the addition of a container of Carbmaster Tropical fruit yogurt too.. it was really, really yummy.. All this time, I've used water and never tried it any other way.. Geeze, I was trying to use these up as I wasn't all that into them.. now, I realize I enjoy them this way. Sometimes I just feel a little derpy.
Feystorm
on 8/3/12 5:20 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Almond milk is my favorite.  Walmart also carries a brand called "So Delicious" that has 5g of protein per cup.  It's not the best, but it is better than the 1g that normal almond milk has.  Tastes just as good. :)

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/3/12 11:15 pm
I'm not very protein adventurous either, mainly because when I add any kind of milk to protein powders, it amplifies the icky whey taste for me. But I haven't tried almond milk yet.

I LOL'd at your use of the word derpy. I love that word. Ha!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

michellemj
on 8/3/12 11:41 pm
Hmmm...it isn't just you. I have a giant tub of Nectar Grapefruit and I'm just not into it. In fact, I was gonna toss it when I moved a couple of weeks ago but I just couldn't.

It never occured to me to try it with almond milk. Now I need to! Thanks! :)

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

fran67
on 8/3/12 11:56 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
I still have most of nectar samples. I tried one or two w/ water ages ago and didn't like them. I never tossed the rest so maybe I'll try them w/ almond milk. Thanks for the idea!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

loverofcats
on 8/4/12 12:14 am
 Early out, I couldn't tolerate any of the nectars and just used water. I still have some samples left. I think I will try them with almond milk, since that is what I use for most of my shakes anyway.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I also like the word, "derpy."  LOL!!

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Escape_Pod
on 8/5/12 12:58 am
I really liked the Nectars early on when I was drinking so much of my protein, but now I'm completely over them. I LOVE the idea of mixing them with low carb yogurt though, or maybe greek yogurt?
I had a couple of tubs lingering in my stash. Unfortunately, I gave away the fuzzy navel (which I think would have been yummy in yogurt) and kept the lemon tea. What was I thinking???
Ms Shell
on 8/5/12 1:04 am - Hawthorne, CA
Adding milk to those flavors is like the old 50/50 bar thing.  Remember Orangesicles??  Mmmm lol.

MS Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

tripmom02
on 8/5/12 1:22 am - NJ
 I like the Fuzzy Navel with almond milk, its like an orange creamsicle! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views