diet change

sunnie41
on 8/3/12 5:42 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12
well, im 11 weeks out. i still can only eat between 1/4 and 1/2 cup of food at a meal including all carbs, veggies and protein.
i am finding that lately i am losing all taste for protein in the form of meat.  i have to force myself to eat meat now where before surgery i could eat half a side of beef.

i visited GNC for some protein powder so i at least get something in the form of protein if i stop eating meat altogether. i picked up some whey isolate-raspberry. has less than one carb, 80 cals i think and 20g of protein per scoop.

now if i have 3 or 4 cups a day i can cut actual meat out of my diet altogether

has anyone else gone through this?

HW (last known weigh in)=452.5

2 week PRE-OP=401.8
SW-379.8

CW-226.9 (06/13/13) 

hollirrose
on 8/3/12 2:46 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
I'm not that far ahead of you. Surgery was 4/21. I have found over the last month of so that I really don't like most food. I was not a pickey eater before and have found it difficult to find food that tastes good to me anymore. Like you I am relying on two shakes a day to get a min of 64 oz of proteine in. Hopefully this is just a phase... On a positive note look at the amount of weight you have lost!
CandieHearts
on 8/4/12 12:02 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 05/17/12
Hey Sleeve Sis!
  I get tired of food too lately, and I the scale wasnt moving so I started doing them for breakfast.

My favorite thus far is muscle milk and body fortress cookies n creme.
  How are things going for you?

sunnie41
on 8/4/12 12:22 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12
yes, i hope its just a phase too hollirrose, i used to eat everything preop..this is a whole new ball game lol.
hey sis, yeah my scale stopped too. i drank two the shakes yesterday and this morning down half a pound. doesnt sound like much but when it hasnt moved for a week...ill take it lol
i like the muscle milk too.  the lady at gnc was a hard seller, i did want some whey protein but she wouldnt get off my back even when i told her i needed a minute to decide..she really pushed the creamy raspberry so i tried it. its not bad but then again its not chocolate lol. next time...i stick with the chocolate..it makes me think im having something naughty lol
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views