It's not a stall.... it's me.

June W.
on 8/7/12 1:20 am, edited 8/7/12 1:25 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
Well, I have been bouncing around 260 lbs for two MONTHS. Yep. I said it. TWO MONTHs. At first I though I was in a stall, but then reality hit me. I was not workin' my sleeve the way I did right after surgery. I was having foods that I shouldn't and not exercising at all.

This surgery does nothing for us other than some portion control. If I want to be a different person, I HAVE TO CHANGE. One thing that I thought I'd work on first is my hatred of exercise. If I want to be a healthy and fit person, I have to exercise. So I found a program that gave me a goal (I need to have some kind of goal). I have been walking and running for the last week and I am feeling really proud of myself.

Okay, what about my food. Back to basics. Protein, protein, protein. And water. I don't need to worry about anything else. Get my fluids and protein in and I'm having a good day.

I just had to speak out because there are so many people on here that are losing weight quickly and consistently and not all of us have been able to do that. Just so anyone out there like me knows that they are not alone. It's all about progress, slow or fast. I'm just doing the best I can.

SuzanneR
on 8/7/12 1:36 am - Randolph, NJ
Thank you for your honesty. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! And you have a tool that will help you. Put the past behind you and push forward with protein and water and yes try and move around to burn up some more calories. We are all here to cheer you on. It's never to late to move in the right direction!

June W.
on 8/7/12 2:07 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
 Thanks for the encouragement! It has just really occurred to me recently how much I have to put into this if I want to get the results I want out of it. I think I told myself I was ready for it when I got the surgery, but have found that nothing magical happened to me in that operating room. I'm still the same person that got to 302 lbs. She's gotta change or I'm never going to.

melly37
on 8/7/12 2:22 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Hugs, June!  That has been my downfall the past two months........ME, I am the downfall.  However, sounds like we are both acknowledging the truth and not making excuses.  We are both focosing on protein and exercise, how awesome are we now? 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

June W.
on 8/7/12 2:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
 We are AWESOME. Thanks!

sleevegirl
on 8/7/12 3:06 am - Austin, TX
One thing that I did really really right was find a counselor. I see her weekly and it's money well spent. She keeps me on the right path and I'm working on the WHY part of food. I didn't get to 375 because I was hungry. None of us did, I'll bet. There are other reasons. Finding the root of those is key for me.

YMMV, of course and I'm not telling you to go find a shrink, but just something that I worked on from the start and I've been losing very consistently (scroll all the way to the bottom of my profile for my weekly and monthly numbers).

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Michelle J.
on 8/7/12 3:08 am - LA
VSG on 02/21/12
WOW so glad I loged on today, I've been feeling the same way, thank you for sharing. I was just thinking, what am I doing, nothing has changed I'm going back to my same old habits. But you are right back to the basics for me too. I will get there!

jenngirl
on 8/7/12 3:18 am
VSG on 06/25/12
YOU are not alone either. I have been the same weight for a month, until I started GAINING weight a little over a week ago. I think it was due to water retention. I had a friend on here tell me to change the way I am eating, (and I did). But still haven't seen major results. I lost the five I gained plus another two in the past few days. I was down two from my last weigh (which was my first since surgery) in when I went to the doctor today. Two pounds is two pounds. I have not been exercising, because I haven't taken time out for me. It is high time I start. I am joining a gym this week...the saga continues...
Sutterbos
on 8/7/12 5:48 am
VSG on 06/21/12
I am so proud of you for getting back on track!!!!  Not easy to go exercise when you hate it.

Did you see my post yesterday about a sure-fire way to end a stall?  I'll give you my psycho ex-boyfriend's phone number - the stress of being around him will help you lose quick. 

Brenda L.
on 8/7/12 9:23 am - Raleigh, NC
I went to see my Endocrinologist today and my vitamin D is really, really low so he back on Vitamin D prescription for me. I was so mad at myself for also gaining 10lbs. over the last few months. I never did go back for my one year checkup after my sleeve because I had surgery on my heart and just got plain lazy! I came home and made my appointment to see my Bariatric surgeon and going back to the Dietician. It really helped me coming back ;to the forum today ! We all have a tool and we need to keep using it! We can do it and I am not making any excuses...I have to get myself back on track with the protein and water.
  Brendini                                                              
Most Active