Questions

Kennerknecht
on 8/8/12 5:34 am
 i had lapband in 2009, and ive lost about 80 pounds but thats not all the weight i needed to lose. i still have a way to go.  started at 350 and im 280 now, and im pregnant so im not getting anything done anytime soon. but i plan on getting a revision to my surgery after having the baby. but im curious about your views on the Sleeve pros and cons. any help would be apprecaited!

Starting Weight - 350             Goal Number One 299
Surgery Weight-  335             Goal Number Two 249
Current Weight-  325             Goal Number Three 199
Goal Weight -      150             Goal Number Four 150

bedazzle
on 8/8/12 5:41 am
VSG on 04/26/12
As I'm sure you will hear from many of us, this is the best decision I ever made and would not change it for the world! I feel amazing and have not been sick, something I hear is very common with the band.

morgans
on 8/8/12 5:48 am
VSG on 06/18/12
Love my sleeve! Love it love it love it!

It sounds like you are not having all the problems and complications that a lot of people are having with the Lapband. 

Kennerknecht
on 8/8/12 5:51 am
 ive tried n gotten fills for my badn etc, and i moved from kansas to washington and my dr here said lapband either works 100% or 35% and that im at the 35% no matter what i do it just hasnt worked for anymore weightloss. like i said im currently pregnant (woohoo) i put it off for a long time hoping id lose more weight but honestly nothing was happeneing so i just stopped putting my life on hold for that. Im planning on a revision surgery and looking into my options. :) 

Starting Weight - 350             Goal Number One 299
Surgery Weight-  335             Goal Number Two 249
Current Weight-  325             Goal Number Three 199
Goal Weight -      150             Goal Number Four 150

ALO1970
on 8/8/12 7:52 am
For me, the Sleeve is everything the LapBand wasn't. Number 1, I do not have hunger. I was absolutely STARVING the entire time I had the Band. Number 2, I can eat normal foods in very small quantities (4-6oz max at a meal)...with the Band I could eat excessive amounts of certain things. Number 3, I feel in control...with the Band, I felt helpless and like a failure...I threw up all the time. The Sleeve is the best thing I have ever done for myself-I lost 35lbs with the Band over 3 yrs. When I had it removed, I regained the 35 plus 15. I had my Sleeve 12/5/11 and have lost 88 lbs! I feel amazing, have energy and feel hopeful. Congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck on your journey-you will find what works for you
Most Active