surgery date question

vanessad87
on 8/8/12 1:15 pm - TX
 I am in the process of resubmitting to Cigna. There was a mistake in my application regarding the hospital I'm having surgery at. When I called the surgeons office today they went ahead and scheduled my surgery. I'm scheduled for sept. 17. I'm wondering do doctors typically schedule them so far out or is it just to give time for my paperwork to get approved? Either way I am glad I finally have a date. :)
kamehanaokala
on 8/8/12 1:17 pm - HI

There's a whole boatload of tests that you will need to complete prior to your surgery date anyways. Getting on the books and scheduled is what takes the most time.

You'll be on the losers bench in no time!! 

angiagee
on 8/9/12 6:22 am
VSG on 09/11/12
Ive been approved since the beggining of July and my surgery is scheduled for September 11th!!! :)
vogue
on 8/9/12 6:23 am
VSG on 08/30/12
some doctors schedule dates before you even finish your pre-op requirements... Some schedule it at the first appointment so by the time its submitted for insurance approval, the surgery may only be less than a week away...

My Dr didnt schedule til after insurance approval and has about a 6 week waiting list.... as of last week, my surgery is Spet 13
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views