getting close to submitting

wmubronco03
on 8/10/12 11:06 am - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
 So in two weeks I go in for my last visit with the weight loss doctor.   I'll have my six months of doctor supervised diet done with and since I already have all my clearences, I can submit everything to my insurance.  I find I'm getting more nervous about the surgery but not in the sense that I might die or something, more like I find it hard to believe it is actually gonna happen.  It seems very abstract at this point.  I'm also worried that I'll have not crossed a T and I'll be denied.  I guess it's just a matter of getting my head around it.
JAlston
on 8/10/12 11:36 am
VSG on 12/07/12
Congrats! I am close to submitting as well. I have my consult on 8/27 and my nutritionist appt on 8/29 and then everything can be submitted. My surgeon has been out of the office for 6 weeks (she was staying home with her daughter/recovering from surgery) so I have been proactively getting everything else that I know needs to be done, done. Thankfully my insurance doesn't require the 6 months weight program/supervised diet. I hope to have everything submitted in the beginning of September and HOPEFULLY have an approval shortly after!

I am very impatient and have been seeing a lot of approvals with surgeries that seem to be scheduled far out...but I will take whatever I can get and time will fly!

Good luck!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

suzie2241
on 8/10/12 11:37 am
VSG on 11/02/12
I know what you are feeling. I still have one more meeting with my doctor and then the paperwork can be submitted.  I too am worried not all the T s will be crossed, etc.

I'm excited (there's a light at the end of the tunnel) and nervous.

Good luck to you!
cryptorchid8
on 8/11/12 1:35 pm - MD
I wouldn't worry too much about getting approved.  If your doctor has contacted your insurance and explained to you all that needs to be done to satisfy their requirements and is tracking them with you, which my doctor did, then the approval should be quick and painless.  Mine was within 5-6 days of it being submitted, including a weekend.  Remember, they aren't getting paid unless they can do the surgery and that means you have to be approved!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views