3.5 yrs out Progression Pics, Bathing Suit, Newbies read this

Pura Vida
on 8/9/12 8:20 pm - Costa Rica
 My name is Heather and I am 3.5 yrs out from VSG. I did have a regain and managed to relose the weight. I have posted this before, but the pictures are new.

Just in case you missed my many posts, I had a 29lb regain between years 2 and 3. Why? because I was eating cookies and washing them down with diet coke. All the things you shouldn't do. I was also diagnosed with severe anemia Ferritin was a 3, along with low thyroid. I would love to blame the weight gain on the thyroid, but let's be real...I had stopped tracking my food, stopped drinking protein shakes because I didn't think they were "worth the money" and just basically trying to live as a "normie' when the truth is I am still an emotional, compulsive eater.

I decided last October when I tipped the scales at 170...ouch, that I better get serious about my tool. I started by buying the protein powder and cutting out the M&Ms (they go down so easy, I was eating 2-3 packs a day), eating dense proteins and tracking. 

Then I decided that where I lived was not healthy for me and that I had no healthy friends with healthy habits and that I would need to change my environment. So in January, we moved to a new town that is famous for its healthy population. NOT ONE SINGE OBESE PERSON in the whole town, and I am not kidding. I wanted some of what they were having!

So for the last 6 months I have been working out, eating clean most of the time, doing yoga and working on my head. I am happy to announce that I have made it back to my original goal of 145!

I want to give anyone hope that is fighting a regain, that you can lose it, but it will be ALOT of hard work, no honeymoon, kinda like a marriage.

So here goes, this is me, should've slapped on some makeup, but I am sure you are looking at my arms anyway...hahahaha

If you are still on the fence about having surgery, dive in, the water is great over here!

Curious1905
on 8/9/12 8:33 pm
VSG on 05/29/12
 Wow you look great. You don't look like you have excess skin.  How did you get your arms to tone like that?

Pura Vida
on 8/9/12 8:48 pm - Costa Rica
 Thanks Curious,

I do about 20-50 push ups a day and tricep dips. I just started trying to do pull ups, I suck, but you can definitely see that it tones up the arms, upper back and chest.

Heather
AllaP
on 8/9/12 8:35 pm - Vaughan, Canada
Any offrs for modeling yet?  

You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alla.

Pura Vida
on 8/9/12 8:49 pm - Costa Rica
 Haha, thanks so much, I am too short for modeling, except here on OH!
Pobearsam7
on 8/9/12 8:38 pm
You look great !!!!

Kelly                

loverofcats
on 8/9/12 8:45 pm
 You are so beautiful!!! Way to go!! What an inspiration!!!

Gail

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Pura Vida
on 8/9/12 8:50 pm - Costa Rica
 Gail,

You are one of my heros over on the maintanence board. Thank you for all the support!
AmberK
on 8/9/12 8:46 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Amazing Job! Congrats! Thanks for the advice and for sharing your story! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Pura Vida
on 8/9/12 8:52 pm - Costa Rica
 I actually started my journey at 273, so it is possible, but no one hands it to you on a silver platter, those last 20lbs are a B*tch!
Most Active