Worse heartburn ever since vsg

SleevedPrissy1
on 8/12/12 10:40 pm - OK
 Having bad pain or pressure in my chest up high. I did drink carbonation about 2 hrs ago. What the heck. Anyone hv any suggestions on what's going on? I haven't followed the plan the last 2 weeks hv had bread little bit a few times.. 

acbbrown
on 8/12/12 10:46 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Really? Not following the plan.... Drinking carbonation....eating bread. You look like a relatively new post op......there are consequences when you abuse your new stomach. There's no way I could eat bread until 6-7 months out and I still haven't had carbonation. 

If I eat too much now, I'll get pain in my chest and acid reflux... So if you want to know if your symptoms are normal ..yeah. Solution? Stop doing those things that hurt. Easy :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

pcannedy
on 8/13/12 5:07 am - Sacramento, CA
Our bodies have been changed, so we must follow the plan.  I haYtrydone the same thing.  I use gas-x strips that only help a bit.  Time will help this...    Try to stay with the plan if yotu can.  I know it is hard, but it will be ok. 

imkristy1
on 8/13/12 6:33 am - WI
VSG on 02/13/12
I would suggest you stick to your Dr's plan. Trying new things too soon can cause unnecessary strain on your new tummy. You can do this!

Kristy  5'5"  HW-224   SW-207    GW-140   Goal reached in 40 weeks!  PRE-OP - 17    MTH 1 - 15   MTH 2 - 13    MTH 3 - 12   MTH 4 8    MTH 5 -  5    MTH 6 - 4   MTH 7 - MTH 8 -MTH 9 - 0  MTH 10 - 0

Carmelita
on 8/13/12 7:00 am - Four Corners, NM
 TOLERATION of a FOOD does NOT make it a GOOD CHOICE....as my nut emblazoned across my post op dietary manual....err...my forehead  almost 4 years ago. 

and JUST BECAUSE I CAN ...doesn't mean  I DO!!  

memorize em! lmao!! 

Ya really should be followin yer PROGRESSION IN TEXTURE dietary phases post op plan to thee letter...until yer regular diet (~2months).
Maybe bread and carbonated drinks are on your plan ... I dunno. tho...I shouldn't say nuthin. For me bread not until I was on a regular diet ~2 months post op. Even then I could not "tolerate" bread. It hit my gut like a ton of bricks!  Carbonation same...regular diet ...It took me quite awhile to learn to listen to my body instead of my post op old goat thick head....on food choices/toleration. 

You can get gastritis...from foods/drinks you eat. ...It could be a lil bad bug h.pylori...startin to attack yer incision line.

Have ya had the IV anti-biotic induced diarrhea phase yet?
The horrific constipation phase yet?
so many GI (mouth to anus) problems happen to us post op! 

The BAD BUG....that causes GERD....is the same BAD BUG that causes strep throat.

Post VSG...bacterial overgrowth is a common problem.  You'll see peeps with GERD, IBS, lactose intolerance, Thrush (candida-yeast overgrowth) , Stomach flus/ virus'........FOR A REASON!!

Most often see VSGrs perscribed...PPI's  ...that shut down HCL even more in our already reduced HCL stomachs......even MORE bad bugs get in us....never replace good bugs lost ...IMBALANCE .

...stop poppin a PPI...watch those symptoms REOCCUR!
they only mask symptoms, contribute to problem, lead to long term side effects/complications... make some drug company RICH!!.......but doesn't  FIX the problem. ...microflora imbalance.

PROBIOTICS!!  a multi-strain as high a count as many strains as you can find.   Get them good guys in ya...yer GI tract will love ya! 

HTH some...take care of yerself Pris...listen to yer Chiquita its tryin to tell ya sumthin!!

Carmelita
on 8/13/12 7:06 am - Four Corners, NM
 Oh forgot to add...I was readin this article on carbonation intake for women

You know how ^^^ phosphorus intake from meats/carbonated drinks  strip calcium from our bones 
.if you care to pursue it further...might be sumthin interesting to you

Carbonation Impact on Bone Density
bigpinkstork
on 8/13/12 10:52 am - NC
I was told "no carbonation ever again."  It's really the only absolute prohibition in my plan.  (I eat bread, in the form of a 1/2 slice of wheat toast, quite often, with my NUT's blessing.)
Most Active