Tail-bone pain!

Paul5678
on 8/12/12 5:03 am - United Kingdom
I'm 2.5 years postop and 100+pounds lost etc.  The fly in my ointment is discomfort from my tail-bone when sitting or driving, and I want to start riding a motorcycle next year!  Discomfort turns to pain after 30 minutes sitting.  I have a firm cushion with the tail-bone area cut out of it, which helps a bit.  I refuse to go down the pain-killer route.  Seen a Physio and my GP, only option would be an operation with a poor success rate.  Orthopaedic cushions and air cushions are no better than my home made version.

I knew about the possibility of this sort of problem before I had the vsg, but that it resolved in the first 18 months to 2 years.  Anyone have any ideas or could tell me what works for them?   HELP!!
Paul5678
on 8/12/12 5:06 am - United Kingdom
The front page of this Board states that I posted this 'seven hours from now'  Dr Who eat your heart out!!! 
USAF Wife
on 8/12/12 5:36 am
My issue with the tailbone resolved around 16-18 months out. I had some fat/skin redistribution and it helped tremendously.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Paul5678
on 8/12/12 9:24 am - United Kingdom
Mine has been consistently bad for about two years, but thanks for your experience.
Ms. Poker Face
on 8/12/12 6:29 am
I have various bone pains that I didn't have before when my protective layer of fat was rather thick.

Besides the tail bone pain, I also struggle with knee pain when I lie on my side in bed. I have to stagger my legs now so my knees don't knock together.

When I sit on wood chairs, my ribs and backbone sometimes hurt if they hit the back of the chair just right, so sometimes I have to sit leaning forward.

All in all, these seem to be improving some (especially tailbone) as my fat and muscle redistribute. Only time will tell. A small price to pay for losing the weight!

You may try different cushions to see if different styles offer different results.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Paul5678
on 8/12/12 9:27 am - United Kingdom
I wouldn't want to go back either!  Maybe I'll try a wheelchair provider, as they'll have experience of reducing the incidence of pressure sores.  That may be useful.  If I find anything I'll post here.
momsy55
on 8/12/12 7:40 am - ME
I keep thinking that I'm sitting or laying on something under my butt, and than realize it's my tailbone!  No pain, but just discomfort.  I hope this issue get resolved for you Paul!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Paul5678
on 8/12/12 9:29 am - United Kingdom
Thanks.  I've decided to go back to a Physio and try other pressure relieving experts to see what's out there...
acbbrown
on 8/12/12 7:56 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Ohhh the pain...mine kills me sometimes. Usually im just uncomfortable, but if I have to sit for too long, I probably look like Im sitting on pins becuse I cant just sit in one postion - im wiggling around a lot. 

Some people said they have found a little relief when they did a LBL and some fat injected into their butt :)     Me - I'll try anything so that's what im doing !

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Paul5678
on 8/12/12 9:37 am - United Kingdom
OMG!  Don't think I want to try that!  Hope it goes well for you, if it works, let me know and I might reconsider (might!!!!!!). 
Most Active