1 month surgerversary

jayla_love
on 8/16/12 1:12 pm - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
Can't believe it's already been 1 month since my surgery!  Some days it seems like it's been longer and some feel like it was just a few days ago..lol.  I am on "soft" foods and have learned that experimentation is not good..lol.  Stick with basic, non-complicated and almost bland foods for me.  Anything with acids or spices of any kind seem to upset my new tummy.  So, plain chicken, tuna w/lite mayo (not my favorite thing to eat) salmon and deli turkey slices seem to be my staples.  Avacado and egg sparingly and string cheese for a quickie snack.  I am getting my protein in and on most days all my water and have increased my walking.  I am having trouble with regular bowel movements (i.e. have not had one in 4 days) no pain yet but am going to look into the Mirolax thing for sure.  Loving the Syntrax powders for my morning shakes and am going to get another sample pack.. I can't make up my mind which flavor I want to buy a whole thing of! I am still a bit tired alot of the time, especially during the week (work) hoping that goes away soon... I am tired of being tired.  All in all I am happy with my sleeve and progress and am looking forward to the next month!  Hope this helps any pre-ops or recent post-ops.. was mostly just checking in with an update.

michieluvsu
on 8/16/12 1:17 pm - WA
Sounds like you're off to a good start! Congrats~

Michele

itzmetinab
on 8/16/12 3:04 pm - WV
VSG on 07/16/12
 Glad to hear you're doing well!  I'm on soft foods now too and doing well.  I'm keeping it pretty simple though.  I have noticed that my tastes have changed some though.  I couldn't wait to eat the deli turkey, but it ended up grossing me out!  I'm eating a lot of chicken and shrimp now.  Just got my syntrax protein yesterday.  WOW!  I've been missing out!  I tried the bananas & creme today and it was so smooth.  Not gritty like some of the other brands I've tried!

Keep up the good work and we'll be sitting on the losers bench in no time!

Highest weight:  294  Surgery Weight:  281  Goal weight:  150
M1 - 20.6 M2 - 16.6 M3 - 17 M4 - 11 M5 -10.2

Italian-Princess
on 8/16/12 3:41 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi Jayla

You're doing so well.  Be proud of yourself! 

Taking it slowly introducing new, spicier foods is a good thing.  You don't want to anger your sleeve!

It takes time for the energy to come back and then you won't be so tired.  I know that doing some exercising helped me............sounds weird to exercise then feel less tired, but it happens!

Miralax is my friend LOL  I think it's a friend to a lot of us here on OH!

Keep doing what you're doing............you've made great progress already!

Ree
Joolya
on 8/16/12 5:54 pm - MD
VSG on 07/17/12
 Tomorrow is my one month from my surgery. I too have problems with bowel movements. I guess it's off to the store to get Miralax!! Congrats on your success!

jayla_love
on 8/16/12 8:14 pm - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
Thanks everyone!  I am pushing through and have upped my walks.. I was just able to get on the treadmill today without pain so.. YAY!  I am having some domestic issues and that has been adding alot of stress to my life.. I think that may be part of the fatigue issue... no one ever said marriage was easy...looks like its a trip to the store for some Mirolax for me this weekend... fingers crossed I have movement before then though lol.. I am down 45 pounds total since beginning of pre-op diet and I am happy with that.. I know that once I start excersizing more the weight will drop faster.  I am in this for the long haul to change my life completely... fingers crossed that my husband can come with me on this journey or else I may have to leave him behind

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views