does anyone else get super tired after eating?

jayla_love
on 8/17/12 2:53 pm - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
Like after thanksgiving meal tired?  Like all you want to do is take a nap?  I am just over a month post op and still struggling with fatigue.  I notice it especially after lunchtime.. I am not over eating my sleeve or anything, just get super sleepy and really want to nap but have to finish my work day.. Then I try not to take a nap after work but end up falling asleep in the chair watching tv

nanarama
on 8/17/12 3:22 pm - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
That happened to me for the first couple of weeks.  It wasn't a sleepiness as much as I was just exhausted from the effort of eating.    So, yeah, right there with you.  I would just chill out on the sofa for a bit and watch the news or Jeopardy and rest/nap for a little bit.

I'm almost totally over it now and I'm only a little bit ahead of you.  So it will get better soon I'm sure.
acbbrown
on 8/17/12 3:23 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I delt with fatigue for the first 3 months, but it was really bad for the first 6 weeks. Took everything out of me to get through my day. Slowly got better though.

I dont know if your fatigue is related to eating or not, but you can always check with your doc and see if you have low blood sugar or something.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/12 4:09 pm
Yep I'm couple of days from you. But I am having to slowly get my stamina back.
Forcing my self to get my walk in each day when I was at the gym doing aerobics and Pilates 4 -5 days a week before surgery. I'm told it does get better. Good luck. And congrats on your loss.!
(And yes the digestion process is tiring.)
Nadurra Deb
on 8/17/12 4:35 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Are you getting in enough fluids? Have they done any bloodwork on you recently? Dehydration could cause fatigue, even if you are thinking you are getting enough. Try bumping up your fluid intake another 10- 20 oz a day and see if that makes a difference. Bloodwork could show if you are lacking in iron or vitamins causing fatigue.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Alexis K.
on 8/17/12 7:16 pm
VSG on 07/30/12
For the first two weeks I had that same problem. As soon as I ate I was ready for a nap! And I don't mean a little nap- I mean a sleep-a-thon. I went back to work full time this week and have managed just fine, was really only tired one day but it was manageable. It does get better in time, and like everything else in the healing process it's an individual thing. I hope your energy comes back soon!

pedirn06
on 8/17/12 9:24 pm
VSG on 01/26/12
 I am almost 7 months out and YES YES YES1000 times yes. Lol. However only when I get really full on dense protein.  
pedirn06

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 31 views