Geting worried about this stall 1 month pre-op

Cards44
on 8/18/12 10:04 pm - IL
VSG on 07/24/12
Hi guys

I am coming up on 4 weeks after surgery.  And I have fallen into this dreadful stall. 

At my first Pre-op visit (1-week) I had lost 22 lbs but only maybe 3 or 5 lbs more in the last 3 weeks.   It maybe more or less it really depends on what the scale says. 

For the most part I have maintained right about the same weight.  I maybe down 1 or 2 lbs one day and + 1 or 2 lbs the next... With the lack of  calories that I am consuming I just don't understand why that scale is not moving.  I have my 1 month pre-op visit coming up and  I don't think the surgeon is going to be to happy with the results. 

Whats going on?

acbbrown
on 8/18/12 10:15 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Im confused...are you pre-op or post op? Everything says pre-opbut you said "after surgery"

Stalls are pretty much the only universally shared experience between all weight loss surgery patients. Docs know this - dont' stress about it. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Cards44
on 8/18/12 10:23 pm - IL
VSG on 07/24/12

Sorry about that its been a long day so far..

I am actually coming up on 1 month post-op on 8/24/12. 

I feel good.. My legs feel great for the first time in years... My clothes are loose and need to be replaced.. But the pounds at this point are not coming off. 

Thanks for the advice about not stressing.  And I know about the dreaded stall at 3 weeks after surgery I just didn't figure it would last 3 weeks +

Thanks again

Calking
on 8/18/12 11:38 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
Two things to remember.  Many times when you stall in weight loss your existing weight gets shifted and you loose inches in some good places.

Other thing is that stall lengths of time vary.  Some people stall for a week and some for a month .... it really has a wide range for length of time.  Many on this forum have said that increase your protein and water (flavored or otherwise) to break a stall.  

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

bulldog1
on 8/19/12 5:12 am
I had the same experience a few weeks back, I am 6 weeks post op.  I increased my water and protein and now I am back on the loosing side. 
colomama2G
on 8/19/12 7:21 am
 I'm right there with you! Yesterday was my one month surgiversary and the scale has not moved a bit for the last 3 weeks! I am trying not to dwell on it (or weigh myself..but I can't help it,lol) because this is the point in my past that I would give up in frustration and went back to old habits. It is hard not to go to that same place mentally, but I am trying to just keep on doing what I'm doing and have faith that things will turn around soon. Good luck to you...sending some stall breaking mojo your way!! 
PoohHag
on 8/19/12 7:49 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 You've lost 25 pounds in a month?  I've only lost 33 pounds in 2 months.  I think you're fine.

The stall is a *****  Mine lasted over 3 weeks.  Bump up your exercise and your water to move it.
nanarama
on 8/19/12 10:05 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
It will break.  It's very common.  I lost 12 pounds my first week and then -- poof -- nothing for about 3 and a half more weeks.  But my clothes were loose and I felt better.  So I just waited it out.  And then, yes, I started losing again.

Try to remember ... your body is readjusting to that big loss you've already had.  It just has to.  At least that's my personal theory. 

Feb 2012:  270
                   Day of surgery:  250.5

Most Active