Food question

Butterfly Mama
on 8/22/12 9:28 am
VSG on 11/01/12
I was wondering how ya'll have tolerated spicy foods.
I eat hot sauce or tabasco or salsa or hot peppers on almost everything now.
But after surgery (obviously not right after), but like during the soft foods, are you okay or does it burn you up? (hence the burning hot smiley. Lol!)
I was reading a post about foods to eat and Rob mentioned cottage cheese...I love cottage cheese with tabasco. Mmmmm....
Lisa S.
on 8/22/12 9:34 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
I also like spicy. I have been very hesitant to try it. My suggestion...ease your way back into it. I have found that my taste buds have changed. I had some carne asada that wasn't spicy to me before. But is now. And I find that I really really like garlic stuffed green olives. I liked them before. But not like I like them now! Oh...and buffalo sauce is another thing I am craving. Yikes!!! Let us know what works for ya!!

considering2012
on 8/22/12 9:39 am
I put it on my fi**** didn't hurt me.
Ms Shell
on 8/22/12 10:01 am - Hawthorne, CA
Just be careful and not use as much.  I had some buffalo wings around month 4 and could smell the spicy and well I dumped big time.

I love spicy too so you WILL more then likely be able to have it, just go EASY on your new tummy...think of it like you would a new born babies tummy.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Snowberry
on 8/22/12 10:05 am
VSG on 04/10/12
I like hot stuff and I eat it all the time now.  BUT I didn't try it while I was still on soft foods.  I waited until I had the ok from my doctor at about six weeks post op.  I wanted to make sure everyrhing was healed enough before I tried anything too spicy.  You will be able to eat hot food eventually, but you should probably wait for the green light from your surgeon first.

There is, however, one issue with eating hot foods after VSG.  You can't eat and drink at the same time!  So I have to limit myself to hot stuff that isn't SO hot that I need a drink.  In fact, today I had chicken with a yellow curry sauce for lunch.  Before surgery, I'd have ordered it hot.  But today, I asked for it "medium" because I knew I couldn't drink between bites.  It's a small sacrifice...but the weight loss is sooo worth it!

roxyrocks808
on 8/22/12 10:30 am - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
I love spicy too but I also stick to med spicy now. I made homemade chili last night low cal very good... Maybe I should post the recipe for all you spicy lovers!

TSinNC
on 8/22/12 10:33 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 I'd love the recipe!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Butterfly Mama
on 8/22/12 11:02 am
VSG on 11/01/12
Yes, please post that recipe!
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/12 4:00 am, edited 8/22/12 4:00 am
 I have had no problems with spicy foods. I love heat, but honestly, the first few months post op I preferred bland. My body seemed to know when spicy heat was okay.
reneemosley
on 8/22/12 11:19 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12
I love spicy but have used it in moderation. I went out and ate at my favorite mexican restaurant last weekend and ate alot of salsa. I paid for it. My tummy was upset for two+ days. Maybe too early or too much. I still use tabasco and spice in moderation.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views