Anyone have the Sleeve through Medicare yet..

horselovenlady
on 8/26/12 4:56 pm
VSG on 04/15/13
Since Medicare approved but left if up to each Region to decide, just wondering if anyone has had it through Medicare.  I know my Dr. in Sac, is doing one beginning of September and will bill Medicare/Palmetto who handles our Region said if they pay he will continue.  So I am waiting to see if that happens..

"Make good choices right now. Discipline doesn't always feel good but later on it yields a harvest in our lives if we make right choices." ~ Joyce Meyer ~

LB 7/2008 LB Removed 2/2012  HW:225  LW:165

Sleeve Date 4/15/2013 / HW:240  SW:228  CW:165  GW:140  HT: 5'2"

cancelsbronx
on 8/26/12 8:46 pm - Stamford, CT
I have Medicare and had my lap band done without a problem and my revision surgery as well last year.  I think that Medicare should pay for it.  Its bad enough we paid into this insurance while we were working and we still have to pay about a hundred dollars a month to maintain coverage now that we are eligible..  Its something we worked for.  I was not aware that different states had other rules.  I live in Bronx, New York and I have not had any problems at all.  I hope all goes well for you this surgery is a life saver.

Regards,

Santos

Sunset1374
on 8/27/12 2:46 pm - CT
VSG on 11/28/12
I'm having mine done through Medicare.  My nurses at Yale call it "the magic ticket".  Medicare doesn't require alot of the long psych visits or 6 months of diets that other insurance companies do. I've been dieting all my llife, that must account for something LOL. Anyway, It's pretty straight forward here in CT.  I only needed my referral from my PCP, got all my records from my pulmonolgist for my apnea, had 1 psych visit for an eval and waiting for my nutrition visit and I'm ready to go.  I was waiting for the sleeve to be approved - like I said in my previous post "the stars have aligned"!!!

Call Medicare and they will tell you exactly what they need or the facility doing your surgey.
Most Active