Pre-op and people scaring me

Tnana
on 8/27/12 10:43 am - MO
 Okay I have a friend who is 3 mo out from surgery and she is still questioning herself. Still having trouble getting all her protein supplements and vitamins in. Telling me she can't get her liquid in. Husband and sisters becoming nervous about it. I sure don't like to think about all the negative stuff!!!
bigpinkstork
on 8/27/12 10:51 am - NC
I had friends who told me horrible childbirth stories, too.  That didn't keep me from reproducing.  Try to let it go in one ear and out the other.  Your experience will be your own, and there's no use "borrowing trouble" that may never come.  

Try to relax and take things a day at a time.
Feystorm
on 8/27/12 10:55 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Best answer to a post like this that I have seen in a looooong time.    

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

acbbrown
on 8/27/12 11:10 am - Granada Hills, CA
I was thinking the same thing.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Shagdoll
on 8/27/12 11:15 am
On August 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM Pacific Time, bigpinkstork wrote:
I had friends who told me horrible childbirth stories, too.  That didn't keep me from reproducing.  Try to let it go in one ear and out the other.  Your experience will be your own, and there's no use "borrowing trouble" that may never come.  

Try to relax and take things a day at a time.
OMG ... ***LIKE***

Jenn  

WWBD?  

dr_spatula
on 8/27/12 1:34 pm
VSG on 07/27/12
Same here! A woman who had pre-existing issues told me all the horror stories about her VSG, and while I empathize, it does not mean you or I will have these issues.

Shagdoll
on 8/27/12 11:21 am
I don't know your friend, but some people really just dont put the effort into their new lifestyle. I'm not saying this is the case here but just talking in general. Maybe she needs to see her doctor/surgeon to find out if something is wrong.
For you and for people like me, we just need to make the most of our journey. I know I was severely stubborn at first; I didn't want to take vitamins 3 times a day ... heck, I didnt want to take them once a day but once I snapped out of my funk & realized that I signed up for this, I decided to take care of myself and make the most of my journey. You are in control of yourself. You can get your liquids and protein in without a problem. It might be tough at first. Even I struggled the 1st month but then things got better. I know we have to endure several changes after surgery but it's all worth it IMO. I feel great, look great, & wouldn't change what has happened this past year for anything (except maybe for world peace?)
You can do this, I have faith in you!!! Best of luck my friend!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Wildcat-NYC
on 8/27/12 11:23 am
VSG on 08/16/12
There are also many of us that have not really had any issues.  I'm just over a week out and have gotten more than 62 oz liquids and 70g protein since I was released.  On the Monday following my surgery I went sightseeing in San Francisco, whi*****luded a lot of walking, riding the trolley, etc.  Today I am trying for 100 oz liquids and 90g protein. 

Everyone's experience is completely different.  Write down all the reasons you're having surgery.  I guarantee they will be greater than the possible negatives.  And remember - positive thinking = positive results.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Tnana
on 8/27/12 11:25 am - MO
 Thanks so much!! I am so trying to not let it get to me but a barrage of negative makes you think whether you are nervous or not!
hwag5149
on 8/27/12 11:38 am

I think it's good to hear those things. On this board a lot of people are very encouraging to others to have the surgery and you see a lot of amazing stories. Sometimes I think it can lead to people thinking that the journey is going to be a piece of cake. A lot of people have posted about not being able to get their liquids and proteins and whatever else in, even a while out. **** I had the biggest problem with dehydration. I've had to get fluids over 10 times. The thought of protein shakes make me gag. Granted, that's a tiny problem compared to being 130 pounds bigger than I am now. Anyway, my point is, people NEED to hear the not-so-good stories so they realize it might not be sunshine and rainbows because it's not. And FYI, you will go on a ridiculous emotional rollercoaster too so get ready. You don't like to think about it but that won't stop it from happening. All that said, I'd do it again, no questions asked.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views