missing water...how 'bout you?

Michelle T.
on 8/28/12 1:26 pm - OH
...i still find myself missing plain water, which i loved so much and drank to my hearts content before surgery and wonder if anyone else still cannot handle the 'taste' and 'heaviness' of water? throughout these past 16 months i have tried and tried again to no avail. :****d tea, coffee and diluted juices, no problem whatsoever...bu****er, it sinks to the bottom of my stomach like the titanic to the ocean floor.
...is it a 'head' thing? i don't think so. :/

m ~
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/12 1:31 pm
No, it is not a head thing.  This has to do with surface tension of water.  Add some fruit slices to your water, or some cucumbers and let it stand for a few hours.  This should take care of it, or add a pinch of soda to your water.  This should work too.  Good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/12 1:32 pm
1st congrats and way to go with 4 lbs to your goal!! 2nd, I'm only 11 days out and I feel that same feeling abou****er...or anything else for that matter. I'm sure your more seasoned veterans will chime in but hang in there...
acbbrown
on 8/28/12 2:16 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I have drinken 2 bottles of plain water since surgery - both outside in the heat when i was hiking and I'd have drinken almost anything.

Other than that - i can't do it. At all. I carry Mio around in my purse so I can always drink something. Even though I prefer using a lot of it, even just a little bit makes the water more tolerable to drink.  I can't do iced tea though either - makes me vomit instantaneously. It's really bizzare.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

newme2011-2012
on 8/28/12 2:31 pm
It's funny plain water is all I can drink.
I can't do any sweet/ fruity drinks at all.
I was so worried I wouldnt be able to drink it after surgery .. But yay!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

hwag5149
on 8/28/12 2:36 pm
I can't do the artificial sweeteners and no matter what drinks I try that everyone raves about, they all make me gag and then I end up feeling even more thirsty and getting a migraine. Anyway, plain water, can't do it either. It's caused me major dehydration issues.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

jenngirl
on 8/28/12 2:50 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
I can only drink water and skim milk.

One of the girls at my support group is having trouble with water though, that no one else has had. It makes her physically sick also. Hmmm there may be something more to that. I will ask my surgeon at our next support group.
INgirl
on 8/28/12 4:36 pm
It's not a head thing, many have the same problem with plain water.. I wasn't able to tolerate it till about a year out, now I can chug plain iced water just fine. I still add a little lemon or lime once in a while, or if I'm having a sweet craving, some Crystal Light.. but I used to have to rely on it to "soften" the water and allow me to drink w/o feeling like I was drinking lead.
SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 8/28/12 4:59 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
Before surgery I could drink water all day long, but now after surgery I can't stand it! It hurts going down and after its down I get a sharp pain in my tummy. I am not drinking to fast or to much. I just can't do it. If I flavor the water with Mio or crystal light its fine.

lucy2e
on 8/28/12 5:30 pm - Laurel, MD
I can usually handle most anything, but sometimes water reacts badly.  I handle it best with LOTS of ice - not sure why that makes any difference.  But when its room temp or even cool, yuck!  Feels wrong and makes my stomach feel icky.  

Elena's sliced fruit in the water works too - or a squeeze of lemon.  I make lemonade too - squeeze a few slices of lemon in and add splenda or truvia.  makes a nice refreshing drink! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active