no longer just a spectator

momsy55
on 8/29/12 9:13 am - ME
Monday we went to Storyland, an amusement park for the 10 and under set.  We haven't been there since my 7 yr old was 1 and her sister was 8.  We took both kids, and for the first time, I was able to go on the roller coaster ride and the river raft ride, and not jus****ch from the sidelines!  I had a ball, but it was bitersweet, as I never was able to fit on those rides when we took the older one.  I apologized to her, and in her wonderful (note the sarcasm) 14 yr old way, she told me she didn't care, but then was able to say "it's ok mom, I forgive you".  I was so happy to have a least been able to share this experience with the little one.  I plan to have many more such experiences with her, of things I couldn't or wouldn't do in the past because of my size. 

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Shagdoll
on 8/29/12 9:14 am
Wow, goal reached!!!! Congrats on all your success and awesome about the NSV!!! We are August Sleeve Sisters!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

momsy55
on 8/29/12 9:18 am - ME
Thanks Jenn!  From all that I've read of your posts, you're doing awesome too!  I had my 1 year check with the surgeon yesterday, and she was very pleased.  Doesn't it feel great to have a year under your belt?  What a HUGE difference a year has made!

Shagdoll
on 8/29/12 9:27 am
Yes, it's been a great year and my quality of life has changed dramaticly for the better.  Yay for us!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/12 9:21 am
VSG on 06/04/12
That's wonderful! We hit Storyland, Six Gun City and Santa's Village every Memorial Day weekend. This year I was on the 2 week pre-op diet when we went, so I hadn't lost that much weight. I can't wait to have the same experience you explained when we go back next year. Good for you
momsy55
on 8/29/12 9:29 am - ME
Thanks Summer!  Six hours at Storyland, at my advanced age (LOL) was enough for me, but the little one wanted more (though she fell asleep shortly after we left!).  You will definitely feel and find a difference next Memorial Day.  Not only will you fit on the rides and enjoy them, at least through the eyes of your little ones, you'll find that your stamina for all of the walking around, standing in long lines, etc. is so much better.  I was tired at the end, bu no more tired than every one else.  In the past, I was totally wiped out.

sledge
on 8/29/12 12:17 pm
 Oh Yay for you...this brought such a smile to my face.....I am so glad you had this experience.   I am a year behind you and cannot wait to experience lfe instead of watching it go by......

Thank you for shairng this!

HW: 406; Cons W: 348; start of pre op diet:320; Surgery Weight: 299; CW: 218;
Surgery 8/21/12

Here I come, Life.

momsy55
on 8/29/12 4:12 pm - ME
Thanks so much!  I love your motto - it's so true that this surgery gives you your life back.  Good luck to you!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views