Acid-nausea

duck1975
on 9/1/12 9:15 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 Who else had acid in the stomach?  I went to Borgess Baritrics and they send in your stomach that they took out to the lab and mine comes back with an infection and acid.  I was only suppose to be on a nausea med once a day and now three or more times a day! The infection they will treat in a month and I will be on a antibiotic I think 3 times a day.

Nadurra Deb
on 9/1/12 10:30 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Did they put you on an acid reducer? You might ask if they haven't. I have never been tested for anything but I was having nausea and some stomach burning (kind of felt like hunger but not exactly). I started taking Prilosec OTC twice a day and the nausea and burning went away.

The antibiotic could also be causing some nausea. After a few days on an antibiotic normally I end up with an upset stomach (before surgery). Yogurt or probiotics might help there. You want to get rid of the infection for sure. So you need to take that antibioti****il that is done. But if that is causing nausea, the nausea should go away after you are done with the antibiotic.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

duck1975
on 9/1/12 10:50 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 I am on meds for the stomach acid and nausea, also I am not on the antibiotic for a month yet, until I heal.  I don't know, I go to the dr. on Wednesday.  Hopefully they will be able to help me more.   I am not even coming close to my water or protein intake!

Nadurra Deb
on 9/1/12 6:23 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
It's frustrating but it's early out. We all struggled to get enough protein that first couple of weeks. I would say focus on the water intake first. The rest will come. I have had good luck with the Premeir protein shakes you get from Cosco or Sams. They have 30 g of protein in only 11 oz.

Hang in there...it does get better I promise.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Most Active