1 Week Post Op

jtshack
on 9/4/12 7:36 pm - SC
VSG on 08/28/12
Read it here:

Blog Post:  1 Week Post Op

I already know I'm gonna get some negative feedback for portions of this blog post. Please go easy on me...I'm doing the best I can to get through this.

~ Tracey from SC ~ VSG on 8/28/2012 with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana

Start - 250 ~ Surgery - 218 ~ Current - 145

Jls8877
on 9/4/12 8:04 pm
 I read your blog post. I'm glad the baby food helped make you feel more full. I was advanced to a full liquid diet before leaving the hospital. I think as long as you are taking it slow and under eating your sleeve you will be fine. I am now on puréed food. It isn't much more fun than liquids but taking it slow is key. Good luck! My only advice is to try to add more exercise if you can!
jtshack
on 9/4/12 8:11 pm - SC
VSG on 08/28/12
Thanks for not beating me up...I'm doing plenty of that on my own. I am going super slow and eating with the popsicle stick is part of that - it forces me to take tiny bites. I have no idea how to tell when I'm full yet, so my mother has suggested merely eating until I'm satisfied and stopping (she was sleeved almost 9 weeks ago). I do tend to pay very close attention to the amount that I'm taking in, but admittedly, it's because I'm terrified of vomiting. 

As for the exercise, I live way out in the country on a dirt road, so I'm considering a treadmill. Although I've owned them in the past and they sat like huge ornaments in my home, I really believe it would be different this time and allow me the flexibility to get in some exercise with convenience. It would also allow me to stop once I'm tired without stranding me any distance away from home and that's a real problem right now. I find myself giving out without warning. I get up to do things and think I'm fine and then...BOOM!...I'm crawling back into bed with exhaustion. 

Thank you again for your feedback!

~ Tracey from SC ~ VSG on 8/28/2012 with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana

Start - 250 ~ Surgery - 218 ~ Current - 145

Most Active