Is it very different for everyone?

MizzEvil
on 9/5/12 11:54 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Yes.

desertmom
on 9/5/12 12:01 pm - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
Ok,but it would still be helpful to know how long it lasted for different individuals.I was totally under the impression that it lasted only about 2 to 3 months at most!

ldytee0630
on 9/5/12 12:03 pm
I was under the impression of that too! SCARY! 
MizzEvil
on 9/5/12 1:47 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Some people don't have any hair loss, some a few months, others I've talked to have had some even over 1+ year mark.

kitsyb
on 9/5/12 12:03 pm - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12

I have heard it is different for everyone.  Some people don't lose hardly any.  In my case I didn't meet my protein goals in the first couple of months like I should have coupled with the stress of surgery and anethesia and mine started falling out around 4 months and quit at 6 months.  It seemed like I lost about 30% of my hair.  I got my hair cut short and layered and now I can see all kinds of new growth.  Hoping for a better head of hair when it all grows back.

fireman441
on 9/5/12 12:26 pm - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
 MINE AT 4.5 MO'S HOPE IT STOPS SOON..IM 5 MO'S NOW ....

SaraH128
on 9/5/12 12:33 pm - NC
VSG on 03/01/12
It seems to be different for each person.

Mine started to fall out around 3 months post op and didn't stop until a month or so later. I had a terrible time and lost a good amount of hair. For me, I wasn't good about my proteins/vitamins which played a major part of it. Getting back on track helped but by that point it was too late. I just dealt with it the best way I could, took 1000mg/day of biotin, didnt wash my hair every day, used very little chemicals and even bought shampoo for thinning hair. All of those things helped and it eventually stopped.

It was rough, but it does stop and it does grow back!!

INgirl
on 9/5/12 1:58 pm
Different for everyone yes.. mine started at 4.5mo ended somewhere around mo 7-8. Fast weight loss places a lot of stress on your system, that plus surgery and healing=hair follicles shut down.. then they shed.. and grow back.

I shed like mad when I lost 150+lbs on my own 15 years ago. Surgery only ups the ante on this one, the extreme caloric deficit induces shedding, the body just shuts down non-essential things like hair growth.. I wa****ting 70g protein at a week out of surgery, and never lacked it in my prior losses either.. 

Hislady
on 9/5/12 3:08 pm - Vancouver, WA
I've had over 13 different surgeries and haven't lost any hair so it just depends on the person. As a rule it only lasts a few months.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views