FRUSTRATED!!!!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 9/7/12 8:34 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 I know what you mean!  I mute tv commercials or change the channel... it was a trigger for me.  Now I just need to get out of the restaurant email promotions and hopefully, it will help.  hang in there, it does get easier.  but i too, wanted to rip the food out of my husband's hands and open wide and insert.  but didn't. :)

Cwuddy
on 9/7/12 9:48 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 08/28/12
 I know exactly how you are feeling!  I am still on full fluids and i just told someone yesterday how much i miss chewing!!  This may sound weird but I found it helped me to take a piece of food and chew it just to get the flavour then i spit it out.  It was awesome b/c i could taste it but i was careful not to swallow any of it but it helped me get through the taste thing.  It was a trick i used to use when i was on a diet and it got me through alot...i just had to be disciplined enough not to swallow it...which i am right now b/c i'm scared to jeopardize my recovery in any way.

Good luck with your journey and hang in there!!

Vicky - SW = 299   CW = 138

Angeliasha3
on 9/8/12 3:09 pm - NC
Hi,
I totally agree with everything you've mentioned in your post. I too crave fried chicken and anything with substance. I even took a bite of on my son's pizza and experienced "dumping syndrome". I thought I was going to die with the sweats and labor-like pains in my stomach. I suppose that incident stopped the cravings and now I'm back to liquids.

jtshack
on 9/8/12 3:51 pm - SC
VSG on 08/28/12
Oh God bless you! That's awful! So sorry to hear you experienced that. Like you, I pushed a little too hard yesterday with some pudding...my God it tasted good. So good that I wasn't paying attention to how much I was consuming. Before I knew it, I was screaming for my son to grab me a bowl and up it came - or so I thought. Not to be gross, but it was foamy and didn't look like the food I had just eaten. From what I understand, I overate and had what some in the Sleever world call "slimies". Whatever they call it, I was miserable until I threw up and then I felt like a million bucks. Not something I want to experience again though, so lesson learned. 

As for the cravings, I have had some success with the suggestions given to me for soups and fudgcicles. Just having some variety helped me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. While I agree with the poster who said we have to relearn what we "HAVE" to have, while I agree, I still stand by my statement that I have to have variety in my diet. I have been on chicken broth until my stomach turns just from hearing the words.  My husband got me a bowl of potatoe soup from Atlanta Bread Company and I swore I could hear my taste buds singing as I sipped it. One bowl had enough for roughly 3 meals, so we took the extra home. But having something different (that DIDN'T hurt me) was a monumental moment for me.  Adding the soups helped to open up my dietary arsenal so that when I do feel hungry, I have choices and that helped me to feel more in control. Sounds silly, I'm sure. Like everyone else on here though, I'm just doing what I can to make this work for ME. 

If there's anything I can do to support you, let me know. Vent away sister! I sure do! Looks like we're walking the same journey, so we might as well walk it together!

...and no more pizza!...(for now)  

~ Tracey from SC ~ VSG on 8/28/2012 with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana

Start - 250 ~ Surgery - 218 ~ Current - 145

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 45 views