Acid reflux

duck1975
on 9/7/12 3:01 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 I think I might be experiencing acid reflux, what are you systems?

acbbrown
on 9/7/12 3:39 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Hunger is usually a very big indicator - especially if it's a little while after eating (ie 20 min - 1 hour later)

Sometimes, I just BURN. Like acid is literally burning me from the inside out.

Sometimes, im just a little naseous. Sometimes just general discomfort. When it's really really bad, I'll wake up with chest pains, sore throat/burning throat (but that's rare)

What helps me is to make sure im constantly drinking/eating frequently - when my stomach is empty for long periods, the acid builds up and it's not pretty. If you want to know if your symptoms are possibly acid, try taking an H2 blocker (prevacid, zantac, or tums) If it helps, then you know.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

duck1975
on 9/7/12 4:07 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 I take 2 Prevacid a day.   The on call Dr. just called and thinks what I am experiencing is from my Hiatal Hernia repair.  I am just doing what he tells me.  Thanks for your input.

acbbrown
on 9/7/12 4:48 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Well - are you on prevacid or prilosec because there is a big difference between the two.

Prilosec is a PPI - proton pump inhibitor. It turns of acid production. Prevacid only covers it up. I'm not a doctor, but if I were, Id recommend all new sleevers to be on a PPI at least initially.

Hope you feel better soon.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

thisbe777
on 9/7/12 6:52 pm
prevacid IS a PPI...  i was on it after surgery until the copay shot thru the roof and i couldn't take it anymore...  i switched to omeprazole (prilosec), and when i was in the hospital a week or so ago (salmonella poisoning -- yuck), they switched me to protonix, which i like better....  i had to take the omeprazole twice a day, but the protonix seems to be doing the job with only one....

i have to stay on it forever because i had GERD for a long time before my wls surgery and did some damage to my esophagus....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

starry957
on 9/7/12 7:10 pm

Hmm...quick question - I could look it up - but you probably know the answers I'm looking for.  I don't have a great understanding of GERD or what the ramifications are with long-term GERD....can you give me any info about it?  I don't have it, but I am concerned about it post-op...and what the long-term damage could be treated/not treated..
Thanks so much!
Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Most Active