2 weeks post-op...ITCHING INCISIONS HELP!

Angeliasha3
on 9/9/12 6:55 pm - NC

Hello everyone,

I'm currently 2 week post-op and my incisions are itching like crazy. Any advice??? I've tried cortizone and benedryl makes me sleepy.

Also, can anyone let me know how to make my health tracker slider move to show my weight changes.

Thank you.

Sarah W.
on 9/9/12 7:56 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/27/12
 Can you use benedryl spray?

Sarah 5'3" VSG 9/27/12 KC Bariatric Center. Find me on MFP! Sarah829522.  

e.m.johnson515
on 9/9/12 8:25 pm - GA
VSG on 08/02/12
 I had the same probalem at about 2 weeks post-op. My surgeon told me to use TOPICAL benadryl and cortizone. Cortizone actually worked better for me. 
Angeliasha3
on 9/9/12 9:06 pm - NC
Thank you. I'll keep using the cortizone.

sleevicidal_maniac
on 9/9/12 10:03 pm
Kids benadryl has chewables. Its funny, because depending on your weight (sorry, always comes down to our weight...) you might need half a box, but it works like magic.
jtshack
on 9/10/12 5:56 am - SC
VSG on 08/28/12
The itching is miserable isn't it?! Mine are itching too, but I'll take it as compared to the one incision I have that opened up on me. Scared the living crap out of me! I have it butterfly bandages on it right now and I'm treating with neosporin and keeping it covered. My mom is an RN, so she's keeping an eye on it for me. If it doesn't start healing pretty quickly, I'm going to ask my PCP to stitch it shut. Not sure why it opened, but the pain from it supercedes the itch from the others. It doesn't necessarily look infected and angry, but I'll sure be glad when it closes enough to not require the butterfly bandages anymore. 

Anyway, if the cortisone offers any relief, I'd certainly keep using it. Benedryl cream is what I've used and it seems to do the trick. Have comfort in the fact that the itching is an indication of healing and it shouldn't last too much longer. 

For your weight on your ticker...

Hover over the MyOH tab in the upper right hand corner of the page
When the drop down menu pops up, select Profile
Beside your profile pic, select Health Tracker
On the right side of the page, click the blue hyperlink "Edit My Health Tracker"
Enter your new stats in the appropriate boxes and they will save automatically

When you change information in the health tracker, it will automatically reflect in your tracker. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll walk you through recreating your ticker to make sure that it does. You can also add text both above and below your ticker (like mine). I can help you with that too. Just let me know what you need and I'll help you out.

And CONGRATULATIONS on your 20 pound post op weight loss!!!!  

~ Tracey from SC ~ VSG on 8/28/2012 with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana

Start - 250 ~ Surgery - 218 ~ Current - 145

Most Active